Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

I'm guilty

I admit I have no good reason for not writing in over a week.  I have a reason, just not a good one.  I've got myself addicted to a television program I can't stop watching.  In the evenings I spend time in the pool.  Watering every day now. With the heat here in LA and no rain, our plants and herbs will not survive without it.  By the time I come in from outside and fix dinner,  I'm anxious to watch the next episode of this program.  After that I convince myself tomorrow night I'm not watching and I'm going to post on my blog!  I've been reading a little of a great book each night also so by then I'm getting sleepy.

A couple of weeks ago in the wee hours of the morning when I couldn't sleep I was channel surfing for something to watch on TV.  I stopped on "The Closer".  I'd never seen before and this particular episode was a rerun of the SERIES Finale.  Two hour special of course.  I fell for the main characters personality.  It's a crime drama but so funny at times.  The entire cast is full of great actors.  I was shocked to discover when I looked it up being I'd never heard of it before that it ran for 7 seasons! I decided to go back and watch 1st one to see if it was good as the first. From then on I've been hooked.  I'm on season 3 episode 5.  Check it out, you won't regret it.

Last Sunday I baked a whole chicken that turned out so awesome.
My husband said, " it's remarkable". It was so tender and juicy.
I can take partial credit but not entirely.  I don't remember the show but it was a contest between two chefs on to brine or not brine.  The chef that didn't brine stuffed inside and under the skin.  I've baked a lot of whole chickens before and put seasonings inside and seasoned outside but not this particular combination.  It's amazing what a few fresh herbs will turn out.




I rubbed entire chicken with kosher salt.  Stuffed inside lemon wedge, fresh rosemary (whole sprigs), and quartered onions. Under the skin I stuffed with lemon slices, fresh basil leaves and rosemary chopped.  I then cut another lemon into slices and laid around pan with onions.  I added a little chicken broth to keep the onions and lemons from sticking to pain and to braise the chicken during cooking.  425 for hour and half. (5 pd ) It is the juiciest chicken I've ever eaten. It literally melts in your mouth.  Matter of fact, I have another in the oven as I type. This time I added mint leaves to the combination of seasonings.  Can't wait to see what difference they make. 

It's time to hook up with Mr. R again.  Most of my programs have moved around again.  I have two out of 9 I'm using.  Everything else has moved to my stomach and these two are working their way there also.  My granddaughter is coming tomorrow to visit a few days so it will wait until she goes back home.  

I've went to the walking path to walk a few times.  It's the hardest out of the three things I try to do for exercise.  I sweat (excuse the pun) it out but it's really hard.  I'm so glad when I get it done though.  Swimming is the easiest but I'm aways so sore and hurting after because I don't realize that I continue to over do it each time. 

My grandson's last tee ball game was Monday evening.  He put on a show for us.  He is so stinking funny some time.  

proud of his little trophy 

in the dug out
You may recall in a previous post (one before last) I posted a couple of pictures of us eating out with A at a Mexican restaurant.  When we returned home we remembered we'd never checked the mail that day.  In it was a small bubble manila envelope with a strange return address that we didn't recognize. Addressed to both my husband and I both.  It said "open together" 

And so we did.  It was a puzzle.  We started putting together and it took a bit to figure out the message but right away I had clues and guesses.  Those beautiful eyes on P stood out right away on a piece of the puzzle.  Then next I come across two pieces that make a bow tie!  P and my daughter were both in a wedding back in May so I thought maybe it was a puzzle of him in his tux.  Then I was guessing a puzzle made from professional picture taken at Easter.  Maybe one she didn't show me yet.  


Here is Poppa and A working while I step back and take a picture.
I'm so glad I did that.  Just wish I had one with me in it.  So in the end when all together this is what the puzzle told us.


I'm sure you can figure this out.  Right?  Nonna is so happy and excited for P to be a big brother.  Thrilled to know that my daughter and son in law are blessed to have the gift of life given to them once again. This past week she sent out original pictures of this puzzle to family.  I believe next week she'll be ready to share with everyone so until then.  It's a secret! Ok? We're planning to wait and be surprised. Boy or girl?  Now my son in law is not to keen on this idea, but we'll see if he honors B's wish.

I'll try to be back sooner.  I know it won't be before A goes home on Tuesday.  Tonights a walk night.  Pushing myself to do this because the day I quit fighting I loose. 

God is awesome...
Living in H.O.P.E. (hold on pain ends)
Theresa

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey if you like the Closer program, when it was cancelled, another one too, it place call Major Crime on TNT same characters as The Closer just no southern lady. It comes on down here on Monday evening 9 our time probably 8 your time.
I have a question I am having problem of a buring sensation where my SCS is and where the battery pack is, it's swollen a little bit. Wa wondering if you had any of these problems.
Hope you have a great weekend!