Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Who needs Weight Watchers?

I recalled last night I had seen a segment on a health show about apps that are health related.  One in particular stood out in my mind. Fooducate.  I did a search last night and read reviews.  Looked like everything I needed to help me stay on track and calculate my intake of food.  I've only used today and already know I love it!  I believe it is just what I need to stay on track without WW's online.  Needless to say I'm glad I waited.

When you start up you put in your age, weight and height.  It then allows you to set goals for yourself.  Some things I like about this app is that it lets you scan bar codes just like WW's but it tells you any ingredients that are unfavorable.  It gives the product an A,B C score.  If your not happy with calories or point value it gives you the option for better alternative to that particular food you just scanned.  It also lets you just search a food if you don't have the barcode.  As you enter a food it gives you option to add to your grocery list or to your Health tracker.  The health tracker is keeping a tally of what you eat and drink, then totals calories you use and have left for the day.

I'm also pleased that it lets you enter your exercise like the WW app.  After you enter it gives credit to your points or your calories.  At lunch when I scanned the bar code for my turkey it rated a "C". Stated nitrates and high sodium.  When I checked the "better alternative" it listed the mesquite as a better option.  Rated a B-. Lower sodium than the oven roasted I had.  Funny thing is I usually get mesquite but they were out when I shopped last.   If you have to follow qluten free or allergy restriction you can personalize it to show these things when entering foods to make sure you avoid them. 



On a change of subject, I accidentally bought sunflower seeds instead of the regular wild bird seed I usually get.  As soon as the birds starting eating there was a mess all over the ground under the bird feeder.  Soon, tiny sunflowers started to grow.  I was amazed at how quickly this happened.  D was not about to mow around them.  I saved two and as they continue to sprout up until seed was gone he has been pulling them out.  They started growing quickly and in just a short amount of time below is what appeared.  I'd never seen a sunflower before it blooms.  I think it's so pretty.  



That's all I have for today folks. I could bore you to death with some more boring information but I'm keeping it short today.  I was so excited with my end of day results with this app that I just had to tell someone.  Thanks for listening!

Theresa

No comments: