Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Random

I feel bad because I'm in the recliner and my husband is still outside decorating and working in the yard.  We both started about 9 and I had to quit about an hour ago.  I do plan on continuing inside after I rest a bit.


New addition for this season

I set out to take a walk this morning before starting with decorations.  So warm outside.  Go figure Louisiana in December feeling like October.  Reaching 75 today.  For probably 30 minutes before I went out I could hear sirens and horns.  Couldn't detect if it was an ambulance or fire truck.  I even mentioned to D went I came out to walk.  Have you noticed that the sirens have been going off for some time now?  Must be a pretty bad accident.  When I hear that my anxiety kicks in high gear.  I start imagining all kinds of things. I always want to know where my family is but even still I hate knowing anyone may have been hurt or even worse killed.

As I started the first turn around the other end of street I could hear them so loud. Drowning out my music on iphone.  It seemed like it was just behind the houses I was in front of.  What is going on?  I was really getting worried.  As I neared back close to our end I saw cars stopping at stop sign and getting out to look.  My walk path takes me that way but did I really want to see?  I began to realize it was down the road that brings you into our subdivision the back way.  I made it to end of subdivision and I could see the flashing lights and a fire truck just sitting still.  I continued around and noticed my husband had walked a few houses over and was watching that way.  It was so obvious they were getting closer and closer it was soooo..... loud.

When the fire truck made it to the entrance of our subdivision it turned in.  Then I saw him sitting on top of fire truck throwing candy to anyone who was outside.  Who?  Santa, Good 'ol St. Nick.
Oh how I wished my grandkids were there.  Just the evening before P was with me.  Behind Santa's firetruck was a second one then a  truck with banners on it for the food bank.  Some of my neighbors that were aware of what was going on came out with their kids and food to donate to food bank. One of my neighbors told me that they do this every year.  I told her I was here last Christmas and she said I must have been away because they've been doing it for some time.  I'll have to make it a point to find out the Saturday next year so the babies can be here.





The other random thing that I wanted to share is about Rod Stewart.  I saw him on the Today show one day this week.  I couldn't believe how great he looked.  I tried to guess his age because I know he started singing when he was 17.  I figured he had to be between 65-70.  I'm not a big fan of Christmas cd's because there is holiday music every where.  Channels on your television, Pandora,the radio,and anywhere you shop.  Not to mention you only pull them out one time a year. However, I am very interested in buying his Christmas cd.  His first.  He has several duets with some other stars.  Just hearing him sing one song it brought back so many memories of the late 70's and 80's. I used to love hearing him sing.  He has such a distinct voice.  

The same day he was on "Katie"  Now she will ask anything.  Anything at all.  It was only 2nd time I watched her show but I wanted to see Rod again.  Wow, he was magnificent.  I suddenly after years of not even have his music cross my mind was intrigued with him.  Katie's topics for him were Sex, drugs and rock n roll.  He has eight children. His oldest has given him title of grandparent and with his current wife he has had 2 children.  Age 1 and 5 I believe it was. Of course she had him give up his age.  I was close, 67. He has an autobiography out.  They talked a lot about topics in the book. He was so comical and honest. Ok, now I want the cd and the book.I don't purchase many books.  I like to use the library but I always purchase autobiography's.  I have a nice collection.  Some of my favorites were George Foreman, Dolly Pardon and Barbara Walters but there isn't one that I didn't really enjoy reading.

I'm starting to count down the days until my disability hearing again. 9 days away.  I'll be so glad when it's over.



No comments: