Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Back so soon?

Surprised I'm sure.  Just couldn't keep you waiting on that beer making process. :-)

So D took over the kitchen ( I wasn't home thank goodness ) to make his beer.  
He started with steeping the grains, mostly roasted barley, at 155 degrees, for 30 minutes.


 Can see my herb in the window?


Next step-Boiling the wort, thats what it's called at this point, having added malt extract, gypsum, and bitter hops.
Doesn't look appealing to me!
       Chilling the wort in ice bath;  you have to chill fast to avoid contamination and get  
                                             temperature down below 80 degrees 



                             Wort topped off to 5 gallons, aerated, and yeast added.


I bet it makes a good floor cleaner.
            Airtight lid and airlock system.  Wort has to ferment for 2 weeks to make beer.



And here we are with this bucket of beer (will be) in my kitchen.  2 weeks in here then it's ready to be bottled and carbonate for another 4 weeks.   Yes. the bottles came with the kit.  When all is said and done he'll have 5 gallons of stout.  And no I won't be helping him drink it.  I've never acquired a taste for the stuff. 

If you have some time on your hands and like to get some prizes or gift cards for scanning things you bring home from the store check out site below. You earn points and as they total up you qualify for things to pick from.   It's a little slow to pick up but now I can do it with my eyes closed.  No fees involved you just have to be willing to add their equipment to you internet cable and remember to scan everything that comes into your home.




Nielsen Home Scan Consumer Panel – Accepting Applicants (Earn Money From Home)

If you’re looking for a way to make a little extra income from home,Nielsen Home Scan Consumer Panel is accepting applicants right now!
Nielsen is a very reputable company. If accepted into their program, you’ll receive a scanner to “scan in” all your purchases each time you come home from a shopping trip. This provides important information to the company to track consumer trends and statistics. In return, you get rewarded with points for participating. You can then trade these points in for prizes, gift cards, etc.
You won’t make a TON of money from this program, but it’s definitely an easy way to earn a little extra. It’s fun for the kids, too. They love helping with the scanning!


Happy Valentine's Day to everyone <3  I came home to flowers today.  Early better than late right?  I can't complain he's made many Valentine's day very special for me.  I have a trick up my sleeve for him after he's sleeping to surprise him in the morning.

Good Night and peaceful sleep,
Theresa

No comments: