Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Disability update

My mom mentioned to me that I never followed up about my disability.  She informed me my last entry regarding disability news was the day of the hearing and I said I'd believe it when I see the paperwork confirming it.  I'm sorry that I never filled you in mom.  I really never really talk about that topic much.  Two weeks later I received a letter from the judge who heard my case with all the notes from the hearing. The letter ended by stating that she was recommending I be approved for disability.  It said I should receive another letter stating my monthly direct deposit amount,  and when it would start.  Another letter came within 10-12 days with  information on my back pay.  The amount I'd receive and the amount that was being sent to my attorney. (big chunk) There is a 5 month waiting period from file date to acceptance which made my monthly payments start in December of 2011 to January of 2013.  After that payments are to be direct deposited on the same date each month starting in February.   I also had a bill from attorney's office for charges that they were billed for record requests.  So....now your updated on the disability. I probably won't be talking about that subject much anymore.
This is what $148 dollars of doctor notes looks like!
Only from June '11- Dec '12
On Saturday my daughter and grandson came to hang out with A and I.  They were happy with just chilling around here.  Neither A or myself had any desire to get in a car.  It was the cutest thing ever when P came in and went right up to A and opened his arms to hug her.  She was hesitant, looked at me and I nodded and she opened her arms back.  Oh I wish I'd have had my phone or camera.  We had lunch together and later in the day went for a wagon ride and took Dallas for a walk.   After B and P went home I put A down for a nap and I laid down myself.  My back was so sore from the day before.  She slept for 2 hours and Nonna relaxed 2 hours.
watch Mickey Mouse
Unfortunately when Sunday night rolled around she started showing signs of her respiratory  problems so her maw-maw and I decided we should get her home and nip it in the bud.  I think she was ready anyway.  You know, when you don't feel good you always want your mommy :-)  It was a nasty rainy drive for both maw maw and Nonna. 

I decided to take it easy today as much as possible.  Still gloomy but very little rain.  I did go out to the post office to send P and A a Valentine package.  Wasn't expecting the long line on Mardi Gras day.  I hope they enjoy getting something in the mail with their name on it!


Earlier in the day I made some muffins.  I've been on this kick of muffins/cookies with oatmeal and using the fruit or whatever I have in my pantry.  I think they are quite tasty and filling for breakfast.  Not to mention no added sugar. This batch I did some blueberries, cranberries, and I had some dried apricots that I cut in little pieces to put in some.  To make that clear it was 3 different kinds not one with all flavors in them.  This time I used the vanilla almond milk instead of original and they were a bit tastier.  Banana's, oatmeal, eggs, vanilla extract, rolled oats, fruit or candy of your choice and the almond milk.  I love pinterest.

Oatmeal muffins
I'm sure I mentioned in a previous post that we replaced the cumquat tree and navel tree we left behind at our previous home.  They were producing big that fall.  Our new ones will need time to reach that point.  We planted a couple of blueberry bushes.  We also replaced herbs we had on hand to just go out and pick when called for in a recipe.  Rosemary, basil, chives, mint and parsley.  I have these tiny windows in my kitchen.  No view just the neighbors brick wall. It adds some sunlight on the countertop.  I've had watt nots there but trying out two of the herbs in their place.  Just need to keep an eye on them to make sure they are getting enough sunlight. 

I guess I need to start making notes because I had things in my head to write about and they have left me.  Another day, another post.  My husband is always up to something.  He is off again tomorrow.  He ordered a kit to make your own BEER.  Watched the video today on how to do it.  It's a big deal to him but I think it's hilarious.  After whatever he has to do tomorrow then it has to sit for 5-6 weeks.  Better be good to wait that long to  enjoy something I make.  
Getting started


Silly girl
Loves her Minnie things <3


Still no word from my son.  I continue to pray along with many of my friends and family.  I still have strong urges to text him and I do.  Just not what I really want to say.  Prayers and support letting him know that no matter what we all love him and want the best for him.  Yesterday made a week since the officer made contact with him and informed me.  That's 7 days that anything could have happened since then.  Just wish he'd at least get word to me he is ok on a regular basis. 

Love is not written on paper, for paper can be erased.  Nor is it etched on stone, for stone can be broken.  But it is inscribed on a heart, and there it shall remain forever.  unknown

Take care everyone and thank you for your continued support and prayers.  I couldn't go through this without you.

God Bless,
Theresa


















3 comments:

Erminia Cavins @ ParmeleLawFirm said...

This is another success story of an approved SSDI application. I'm sure that you were able to provide all the required documents. Now that it's going your way, I hope you that the smooth-sailing process didn't stop. Best regards to you and your family, Theresa!

Tracy Pierre said...

Congratulations on winning the case, Theresa! I imagine that it was a long and tiring process, but the fruits are so sweet. Good job to your lawyer! Its been eight months now, and I hope things are working well for you and your family.

Tracy Pierre @ CraigSwapp.com

Unknown said...

Hi Theresa! You must’ve gotten so exhausted during the process. Well, I think it was all worth it, since you won the case and is now enjoying its benefits. Congrats, and take care!

Jason Hayes @ DECORM