Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, February 18, 2013

Rock & Worship

Last night at the RiverCenter in Baton Rouge, LA. a friend and I went to The Rock & Worship Roadshow.  We definitely did some rocking and some worshiping.  It was fantastic!  Not to mention the fabulous artists that were there and it was moving to see such a diversity of people.  Elementary age, adolescences, families with their children and yes grandparents.  There were some acts that we enjoyed more than others but the "enjoy" outweighed the "others".

It cost $10 a person to get in.  Most artists were selling their cd's for $5 or $10.  Even new releases.   Your probably asking yourself why only $10.  They want you to be able to come if you have $10 in your pocket or $100.  No one left out.  If parents want to bring their whole family it wouldn't break the bank and they could even afford to purchase some music too.  I know they can't possibly make any money at $10 a ticket but that is not their purpose.  They know God will provide and help them to continue to let everyone that wants to come and see their favorites preform live.  A documentary that features behind the scenes of "The Rock & Worship Roadshow its being filmed now.  It tells the story of what it takes to put the show together and their challenges.  Lights, audio, weather,  life on a bus and putting on an amazing show.  Roadshow-The Film.  Check it out @ Roadshowfilm.com 



I've been to see this tour before, so I knew how great it would be both spiritually and entertaining.  Both times I was able to see some of my favorite Christian artists.  No different from a regular concert...loud music, people singing, even dancing.
Amazing lights, smoke, videos playing in the back ground and even some rapping.  My friend and I weren't quite sure what they were saying but we did hear "Believer" and "God" in there somewhere so it passed as Christian.  If the good lord is willing, it will be back next year and so will I!


I love the bags of mini bell peppers.  They are great for a snack and I love them in salads because they are so easy to cut up.  I actually like to just slice them just like a cucumber in little circles for my salad.  Easy to pick up with your fork!

The problem is I usually end up with waste because I never eat them all before they go bad.  I decided to not let that happen this time.  I have a couple of things to experiment with.  Tonight I tried "Mini stuffed peppers"  They were stuffed with a mixture of several things combined and topped with panco, olive oil and parmesan.  Every thing is good topped with Parmesan....yum.


stuffed
with topping

baked
These little peppers were so tasty I had to stop myself from eating them all in one sitting. They would be perfect as an appetizer when grilling or hosting a shower or party of some type.  I used fat free cream cheese and fat free cheddar to help reduce the calories.  I actually mixed half ff cheddar and my WW 3 cheese mix.  The actual recipe called for goat cheese.  You can use what ever you have on hand or like, or double the cream cheese and I think it will still taste great.  Next I want to make a meat stuffing to try.
Somehow I don't think that will be as quick and easy. 

Over the week end I had some strawberries to finish off so I went searching for something low fat to do with them.  Found a low fat strawberry muffin recipe.  (Forgot to take a picture) They didn't taste low fat at all to me.  Of course I changed a thing or two.  I didn't have the unsweetened applesauce so I used 2 very ripe bananas.  I also added a little almond milk for flavor.  Another time I had to control myself.  Somehow when you know it's low fat you convince your self to have 2 instead of 1.  Maybe even 3???

Have a great week and I'll be back to chat soon.
Fighting back, Theresa


    The things you take for granted someone else is praying for.

No comments: