Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Saying Goodbye

I went to see my friend today.  I knew I wanted to go for sure but I was nervous all morning waiting for them to get home from the hospital.  Her husband text and said...exact words "come on down"   I could see him smiling saying that.  You always wonder what to say.  You don't know what's wrong or right.  She made it so easy.

I hadn't been to their home in some time.  When I drove up everything in the yard was in bloom.  Pretty flowers everywhere.  A camper in the drive for her family.   I met 2 of her 3 sisters and her mother.  A wonderful sweet lady.  No wonder Jeannie is so kind and generous, seems to run in the family.  As I walked down the hall that led directly into their bedroom there she was.  Sitting partially up.  Her husband say baby baby look who's here. "Hey Reba", she said.  I totally forgot her and Ed called me "Reba" for years.  Back then I talked country non stop. Her son asked me if I'd won anything on the radio lately.  I told him no.  I've grown up, not playing radio games anymore.  I used to call in for tickets all the time.  Won quite a few.  I spent a lot of time with the radio in my ear for that to happen.
I couldn't believe her son could recall that.   Some other friends were "Reba groupies" with me.  We went to many of her concerts.  Traveled for a lot of them and didn't really matter how many times we saw the show, we couldn't get enough of her performances.  So that's how I picked up the name "Reba" with The Martins.

Apparently they had found a good mixture of the right pain meds for Jeannie.  She was talking, smiling and even laughing out loud.  She was entertaining us.  Comforting us.  Can you believe.  She asked me to sit by her on the bed.  We talked about old times and she caught me up on what is going on in her kids lives.  Her grandchild is due in May.  Oh how I wish she would make it for that.  I'm so pleased that I saw her today.  The perfect day.  How I want to remember her.  Compared to how she's been the past few days I understand it was quite a difference.   She makes it all seem so simple.  She is definitely at peace with her fate.  She said when your ready and not afraid it's easy.  She's ready to go.  Even asked me me what I'd like for her to pray for me when she gets there.  Always thinking of someone else.  It was a nice, pleasant, happy visit and I'm so glad I went. We don't know how much longer she'll be here but she told me as I left, it she makes it through Easter please come back and see me, and you can bet I will.

My son is doing better.  Today was the first day he was starting to feel a little like himself.  Even wanted to get out and get a little sunshine.  Anxiously awaiting his appointment nest week.  We still have a long road to battle but as long as he keeps moving forward, everything will come together.  

If I'm not back before, have a very blessed Good Friday and Easter.  The following day, April Fools day will be a big day too.  My baby girl turns 30.  Talking about starting to feel old. I remember 30 so well, like it was just a couple of years ago.  It's going to be a busy week end for my high anxiety self.  I'll get through it.  It's 3 days for heaves sake!

Good night all.  Sweet dreams Jeannie.....

    The things you take for granted someone else is praying for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How long did you go between the trial period and putting it in permeantly ? I was just wondering it took so long for me to get this far and it works, I was how long I would have to wait. My insurance has okay the trial.