Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Day of Birth A

Today is my granddaughters 4th birthday.  She is one special little girl.  I know all grandmothers think "their" grandkids are the sweetest.  A has a nurturing character.  She's been caring for her "babies" before she could care for herself.  Which by the way she did early on.  She was ready to potty long before most little girls her age.  And when she had "other business" if you know what I mean, she wanted a book and the door closed! 


1 year old 2010

Two special days in my life (apart from my wedding day and birth of my own children) is the day each of my grandchildren were born.  It is still so clear in my head.  I hope I never forget as I age.  I got a call shortly after arriving at work from my son that her moms water broke.  The plan was for A to be born at the hospital where A's mom and her moms family is near.  This was an hour trip from Baton Rouge.  They left not long after we talked and I became a nervous wreck.  I'd been anticipating this day for months.  All my co workers wanted me to leave at that moment.  I wanted to wait and see when she arrived and make sure it was "true labor" and she would be admitted.  I guess they thought I was selfish and why would I chance missing it.  I wouldn't dare, but my back surgery was 2 months and 1 week previous and I was still struggling sitting for very long.  My fear was driving there and turning around and going back.  

I decided to take my chances and wait.  I left at noon, went home and packed for an overnight stay if necessary.  All experienced mothers know that first birth can take quite some time.  So needless to say the overnight bag was needed.  I felt confidant I would be there in plenty time.  When I arrived little progress had been made.  Mom was pretty uncomfortable and dad was nervous and pacing.  Oh, and hungry!  The sweet ending to the story is that A came into this world, thanks to God, healthy and being her very dramatic self.  I tell her the story all the time of the male nurse who cared for her right after delivery.  He let us stay near and watch him do all the important little tests and they do right after delivery.  At one point he stepped from his station and said to us, "I know already, she will be an actress!".  To this day, she has made his statement true.  


here is that "drama" hours old
Nonna with A (1 day old)
The last I'll say on that is all my life I had wondered what it would be like to see my children become a parent.  It was a very emotional moment for me.  Her mom had to have a C section so us grandparents, family and friends were "waiting" for my son to come out and tell us when she was here.  Just seeing his face when he walked through those doors almost brought me to my knees.  We hugged and cried.  Both our lives changed forever.  

2 years old 2011

Her life has been different that most little girls but you'd never be able to see this in her manners or her character.  Although there are times when we wish/want more for her we know there are children who have much less in life.  She has two sets of grandparents that love her dearly.  Very different lifestyles which is an advantage for her.  Her mom's parents live in the country and she has had wonderful experiences growing up in a quite area.  They have a garden, animals to feed and does things that city kids do not experience.   She is exposed to things there that some never see the beauty in.  


3 years old 2012
When she comes here, another different experience.  One with her dad and even different with us.  We live close to everything you could imagine.  Not far at all to get to anything.  Our back yard has very little grass in it, not at all like her maw maw and paw paw's property.  She loves being at both places and takes with her different memories from each.  I know she is actually blessed in some ways that A gets to be exposed to different life styles and takes with her memories of all kinds.  She loves us all and prays for her family every night.


4 years old 2013



On to another subject!  Weigh in Tuesday.  When dieting I only weigh on the 7th day.  When I'm not  I'm constantly checking just to make sure things arent' getting out of hand. (as they did).  For some reason yesterday I got on the scale a day early because I couldn't stand it.  I just knew I'd gained.  I didn't care if it was the same, just let me not have gained I prayed.  Stand on the scale and was shocked!  Wow, 138.  That would mean and pound down from last week.  This can't be right.   I got off and got back on.  138 again.  This is great I thought.  I get to post some progress tomorrow.  

Why was I worried?  For starters I went to dinner with friends last Tuesday night.  I ate ok, well not really.  I had an appetizer (something I rarely do, spoils my meal)  My meal was a chicken breast with grilled veggies on top (sauce involved) broccoli and rice.  The other no no was the two mixed drinks I had.  I didn't even bother to look up to add to my program.  The rest of week went great until Saturday and I had a piece of birthday cake.  It was my granddaughters celebration with us so a good enough reason for me.  I love love birthday cake.  My weakness.   A friend of mine made the cake and her cakes are to die for.  Yummy!  Even had ice cream.



So you can see my surprise of why I saw that number.  No way I said.  My thoughts were right.  There was no way.  It just took another day for the calories to set in of the drinks, cake and ice cream.  Here is one day later.  Half pound up from last week.   Where I started two weeks ago.  Guess the cake and drinks showed up today :-{    I remember from last year that the first couple of weeks not a lot happens.  I did forget to measure and it was after lunch when I remembered so I'll wait and do that tomorrow morning.  Fingers crossed no changes there.

I'm so happy I'm home today with no where to go.  It's a 3 hive day and my night gown is best thing to be in.   I took the time to charge my battery last night knowing it had been almost a month.  Bad idea to wait that long.  It took an hour and 40 minutes to fully charge.  I've got to get on a regular two week schedule.

Happy birthday A....Nonna has been thinking of you all day.  Hope it has been very special and fun.  

Living with H.O.P.E.
Theresa


Choose to.....

Choose to love..........rather than hate
Choose to smile...........rather than frown
Choose to build...........rather than destroy
Choose to persevere...........rather than quit
Choose to praise...........rather than gossip
Choose to heal...........rather than wound
Choose to give..........rather than gasp
Choose to act...........rather than delay
Choose to forgive............rather than curse
Choose to pray.............rather than despair

No comments: