Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

One more down




A little more progress.  Down one more pound.  This is going to be a slow process I can tell you.  Heres what's happening.  I have a calorie limit which I don't meet then add in the exercise and I have a bit more added to daily allowance.  So what do I do?  I feel free to eat more.  Not because I'm hungry but because I CAN!  This can't be good.

The program I switched to has an awesome support system if you need it.  I don't really think I do, but I decided I needed to justify my unjustified behavior.  I started a conversation about it and within minutes I had numerous responses.  Well what do ya know, everyone said, "It's your calories, eat them and don't feel bad about it."  Just what I needed to hear.  One thing I don't like about the layout of this application is when I add in the exercise it adds to my daily limit.  Of course this is what I will try and blame this bad habit on.  On weight watchers you just earn them and they are there.  It's not so enticing if you don't see them within your allowance.  Does that make sense?

I find it easier to cook something healthy than not.  Sunday for dinner I had a 6oz grilled breast which I had marinated over night.  It was nice and tender.  No knife needed.  A baked sweet potato and some corn on the cob that was off the hook.  We had some friends over on the 4th that brought fresh corn to put on Dru's grill.  We've grilled corn before but not this way.  He soaked in cold salt water (husk on) in a pan for 15 minutes.  The husks stayed on while on the grill.  I did everything the same but in my rice cooker instead.  That corn was so awesome.  Didn't need anything.  No butter, salt or pepper.  I assume leaving the husk on makes the difference.


I know my chicken looks really funny but I cooked in an iron skillet and I let it brown pretty good.  It was still juicy and tender.  It cut it in strips after cooking because it was 12oz and I only wanted 6.  I ate the other 6 in a salad the next night.

That evening I finally got around to making me some more breakfast egg muffins.  I love making these because it's so nice to have something quick and easy to eat that's not frozen out of box. This time I added broccoli florets in them.  It added some texture and additional flavor to a food that I'm really not that crazy about to start with.  For some reason I like them like this though.  Not scrambled, fried or boiled but baked!


Now they go in baggies and into the refrigerator where they are good for a week.  I have one with two slices of turkey bacon.  So quick and easy.  Everything in the microwave.

My son stated a new job yesterday and I'm so happy and proud both for him.  He is learning a trade and working on getting back on his feet and not dependent of his family so much.  It is a real change for him to leave a world of something he is so comfortable doing.  I personally hate leaving my comfort zone.

Hump day tomorrow!  Good night everyone.  Gentle hugs!


No comments: