Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Thursday, April 25, 2013

I should be sleeping

When I was young and we had a family vacation planned, a camping trip or an out of town visit with family my mom was always last to bed and first to rise.  She could never rest her head knowing something needed to be done.  Some things never change, she's still the same.  Guess what?  So am I.  As an adult I've learned that it's part of being a mother.  Making sure every thing is right for our children, our husband.  I handled things the same way.  Always up late with last minute things.  For me I'd rather be up late than have to get up early to get it done.  It takes me hours to get to sleep so why not finish what I'm doing so that's not on my mind while trying to get to dream land.

So here I am tonight. Partially packed.  Still with things I need to take care of. (don't worry, it's all written down, I won't forget anything) Especially my medicine. I couldn't make this drive without them.  My back and legs just won't carry me any longer.  I wanted all my plants and flowers watered.  My neighbor will come and water for me Saturday.  Dinner, watering, packing for Dallas to go to doggy day care.  It just didn't seem to end.  Everything is laid out that needs to go in suit case.  Bathroom and food is packed.  Everything from fridge needs to go in ice chest in the morning is all together so D doesn't have to ask me in the morning, "what goes in the chest?"  He means for me, he knows what he needs.  Beer, check....margarita mix, check....bloody mary ingredients, check...diet coke, check.  

I've given in to laying down to check my email and rest.  I'm crying and I have absolutely no idea why.  Simple things overwhelm me sometime.  Every time D and I hit the highway I get nervous about traveling.  I hate the interstate.  The harder I push myself the more cranky I get.  So I'm venting and then I'll do a little more and maybe I'll be feeling sleepy by then.  D will be up bright and early.  Refreshed and smiling.  I drag myself out moaning and groaning to the Keurig. 

Oh yeah, back to the email.  Two email from friends.  One a fairly new friend via this blog.  She always seems to email me at the right time and say the right thing like she just knew what I needed to hear.  My ailments are so minor compared to hers.  Yet she constantly encourages all of us.  She truly understands, and for that...I love her.  The other email from a long time friend had a couple of sayings that she said reminded her of me.  Thank you dear.  Your being kind.  I really try hard not to complain to much but honestly if you'd listen I would all day.  I don't do it near as much as I do on here.  
A Strong Woman

She can deal with stress and carry heavy burdens. She smiles when she feels like screaming, and she sings when she feels like crying. She cries when she's happy and laughs when she's afraid. Her love is unconditional. There's only one thing wrong with her. She forgets what she's worth!  I love you girl .  

Joyce Meyer wrote :
A strong woman knows how to keep her life in order. Even with tears in her eyes, she still manages to say 'I'm Ok' with a smile. 
I'd heard the Joyce Myers before.  I used to faithfully watch her every night.  I even went to one of her conferences in St. Louis with my mom and a friend a few years back.  I've also read and own many of her books.  If you need a fire lit under you and some inspiration and or encouragement look her up and get some information.  She's great!  

I got a call this morning from the professional at the surgery center who is working with my insurance company.  I was so nervous when I saw the number.  Hoping for good news I answered.  Turns out not good or bad.  He said he'd talked to them and they were supposed to have an answer for him by end of day.  I don't know how he knows but he said it looks good for them to approve  a new battery for me.  He was just waiting for medical advisor to sign off on it.  He promised to call me first thing in the morning if he didn't get an answer today.  I've been fussing about getting an answer so I can get it over but I admit I'm not looking forward to being cut on again.  It's really getting old.  But dealing with this additional unnecessary pain is also.  

Guess I should get back to packing.  I'm so slow in the morning.  I need to push myself  a little more.  Sometime you wonder....is it worth it?  When I get there and I'm on the beach I'll then say YES!. 

I baked some Nutella cookies for some friends last night.  Husband and wife.  Their anniversary was last Wednesday, Friday her birthday and his was today.  The cookies were a bit hit. If you've never made them please do.  They are seriously delightful.  I made sure not to leave any behind because I can't keep my hands off of them.  

After everything is mixed it looks like ice cream.  Then chocolate drops before baking.  When they come out soft and gooey like brownies.  Yummy.  They don't stay soft, but a nuk in the microwave and they taste like right from the oven again.  Of course they are good crunchy too!

I'll catch up with everyone while I'm relaxing on the beach.  
God Bless and love to all. T


all ingredients mix together


tablespoon drops of mixture

Ta da, yummy!

2 comments:

Donana said...

I know the pain of traveling. We are in Dallas and boy it was hard getting here for me. Packing wasn't too bad hubby did most but the airport was another story. I had to use my cane so I had extra balance. Getting thru security was ok. They pushed me thru so I didn't have to wait but it did take me a while redressing and of course my stimulator gadgets. Riding on the plane for 3 1/2 hrs was awful. It was so painful I started getting sick to my stomach. After landing then more walking ughh. When we got to the hotel I just took more meds and crashed and cried. Noone has to worry about me flying to visit anytime soon. Lol
I hope you have a wonderful time! You deserve it in every way. I hope your trips shakes up your mind a little and lets you forget the bad stuff even if it's only for a little while. It's so good for you to enjoy life again and revive some romance with your husband. I'm praying your trip is pain free and a lot of fun and healing mind and body.
Love,
Donna

Unknown said...

Hope you have a great trip. I can understanding waiting for that phone call from the DR. I know it's only been four days, but I haven't heard from my Dr about my surgery date. I get very impatience about things like this. Plus added to the mix is my mom who fell on Wednesday, luckily she didn't do much danamged done to her excep for cut on her forearm, she was luckily she didn't break anything. So we are in the processed of moving her into our home. Enough of my problems have a great trip and enjoy the beach.