Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

One more and I'm done

Glad to be back home.  It was a long ride home.  Coming home seems to always take longer than getting there.  It was really nice to get away and try not to think of our worries.  We had two pretty days at the beach and Monday as we were getting ready to start getting things together the grey clouds came over and the view from the balcony was such a different site.  Beach deserted except for some people fishing.  Thankful that we had pretty weather the days we were free to be there.  

Sunday night we had diner at a nice seafood and oyster bar on the bay.  Very nice atmosphere and excellent service. We definitely enjoyed ourself.  After, we went to a couple of shops then hit the Publix to stock up on some Fresca and those Kashi cookies I mentioned.
Some awesome shrimp

The bay at Perdido Key


On the way home I finally got the call regarding my reposition surgery.   My insurance company not only approved reposition but the smaller batter which is really important in the chance of improved outcome.  It's scheduled for next week on Wednesday.  Even though I hate the thought of being cut yet again I'm hoping for improvement with this "unexpected surgery".

Really glad I didn't have to dread it for weeks to come.  I was really surprised they were able to schedule me as soon as next week.  By the time incision is healed enough to get in pool the water definitely should be warm. A long time friends daughter is getting married at the end of month and having surgery as soon as next week really improves the chances I will be able to attend.  I've missed so many important things while recovering from various procedures.  Last year when the implant surgery was over, I missed my godsons graduation from high school.

replacement battery 
battery I have
I have an appointment with my psychologist the day before.  We made some medication changes at last appointment so she asked me to come back in 3 weeks instead of 3 months.  I'm happy surgery didn't interfere with that appointment.  If all goes well I'll be off of one of medications by Monday!  Wish I could stop them all.  One less is better though.   I'll take what I can get.
At dinner Sunday night
Just back from Jeannie's wake.  There were soooo many people there.  People I know and haven't seen in years.  Her husband will be exhausted after this is over.  I stood in line for 30 minutes to view Jeannie and to talk to Eddie.  I did good until I visited with him then I broke down.  He was lifting "me" up.  An amazing man, husband, father, deacon and friend.  He was celebrating Jeannie's life.  Her daughter had put together some amazing collages.  In every picture of Jeannie, she was smiling.  I'm so glad I knew her and she was part of my life.  An amazing person.  She will be missed by so many. 

I'm sure I'll have a post before surgery.   Happy to have your support and thank you!


for the fence by the pool!



Where there is no struggle, there is no strength. 
Oprah Winfrey 


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good luck with your surgery. I am still waiting for my date, I am hoping for after May 18, because after that my son will be marry, his reception will be over and my family will be gone home. After these last two days my back has been killing me. Take care.