Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, May 5, 2013

10,000 page views....wow

This is been a very busy and overwhelming week.  From the time we got home Monday evening from the beach until I returned home from meeting A's other grandparents this afternoon.  The weather here this week was bad.  Even when it wasn't raining the threat of rain is painful for me.  So much pressure across my back. 

I'm three days away, very anxious,  but I really have mixed feelings about it all.  I wish that since I was being cut on again the result would eliminate this chronic annoying and sometime "take control of my life" pain.  Ok, so it's not going to eliminate it,  I know that but please please let it serve the purpose it is supposed to. If your new to the blog, I'm having trouble with my battery placement so they are going in to replace with a smaller one.  The only down side is it requires charging more often vs the larger one.  That is least of my concerns.  It has been causing added pain since January so charging more often is a breeze if this gets rid of it.   I'm so tired of procedure after procedure with no good results.  Done...pity party over!

Back to A. Her paw paw meet me on Friday after lunch and we stayed busy all week end.  She really wanted to swim and I thought earlier in the week that would be possible but with the cold front that came through at the end of week the water temp went back down 
:-{
A and Dallas outside enjoying the sunshine.
D and I brought her to the zoo Saturday morning.  We did a lot of walking around.  Poppa pulled the wagon when A wanted to ride.  When she felt like walking, she wanted to pull the wagon.  After an hour, Nonna seriously considered riding in the wagon.  If I could have been certain it wouldn't break on me, I'd probably have given it a try.  
oops, there upside down!

loved petting the animals
look at that static hair :-)

When we returned home A went down for a nap and Nonna got on the heating pad and rested the entire time she slept.  She was ready for another outing when she was up.  I'd promised we'd go to the Dollar Tree before she went home and that's when she wanted to go.  So off we went to the DT.  Who would think you could spend an hour in DT?  We did.
After we went across the street to Chick fil A.  She couldn't miss it.  You'd have sworn there was a NEON sign flashing across the street.  For once there was no one on the play center and she had it all to her self.  Shorty after a group of "rowdy" kids came and did me a favor. 
A was ready to go as soon as they kicked their shoes off.  We ate then made it home around 7.  
worn out from the zoo trip

ready to go again after refueling!
Around the time we were resting during the day my beautiful daughter was in one of her friends wedding.  My grandson was the ring bearer.  A handsome one at that.  I thought about them all day.  Wishing I was there.  Wondering how it was going?  I couldn't go for reasons it would be best not to talk about here on my blog.  ( it had nothing to do with A )


How handsome is he?  VERY
After hair and make up
I wanted to see everyone, my daughter, P, the bride of course but I was also looking forward to seeing a long time friend who I haven't seen since I don't know when.  I seriously can't remember.  We used to spend so many hours in a week together.  More time than we spent with our husbands.  We took a lot of vacations together.  Concert groupies together.  And sometime we just got in the car and just drove.  No plan of where we were going.  Just getting away.    We shared a love of some of the same musical artists also.  So we sang away to them on our trips to nowhere.   She was also my walking buddy.  A very faithful one. 

She asked my daughter about me.  I will make a point to get in touch with her while I'm home recovering with time on my hands.   We'll have to schedule more than one call with all we need to catch up on.  

This morning we took a ride to visit Aunt B and cousin P.  One of the first things she asked about when I picked her up.  By the time dragging Nonna was ready, we only had two hours to visit when we got there.  A was her normal shy self at first but by time to leave she didn't want to go.  We weren't on the interstate no time and she was fast asleep.  I had picked her up some lunch and she was still holding on to it when she crashed.  


My sweet babies <3
They are so precious, even from behind.

Not long after we started home, she was out!
If you remember back in December I mentioned loosing my great aunt.  She was my moms, dad's sister.  One of a twin.  And they were the babies of 13.  This week my mom was in touch all week regarding her husband.  He started feeling bad and having trouble breathing.  He and my aunt in their 90's.  He until recently went to the gym every morning and worked out.  Always outside in the heat of the summer working the yard and loved to fix things like my dad.  Matter of fact since I've lost my dad he has been to fix several things for my mom around her house.  Him and my dad were really close.  He had a hard time dealing with the fact that my dad went before him.  

At first the doctors thought pneumonia was cause due to all the fluid in his lungs.  After many tests it was discovered he has cancer.  In his lungs and has spread to his liver.  Now I know he is in his 90's, but it's not an easy thing to hear at any age.  Not the way you want to go and he has taken such good care of himself and his wife through a very touch illness over the last 6-8 years.  Now you know if you've followed my blog that my mom is right there.  Just like she was for my Aunt, and her brother several years before.   He was sick with cancer.  She brought him home from the nursing home to care for him there.  My aunt never forgot what my mom did for him.  She was starting to get ill herself so she couldn't care for him.  Obviously the same age being they were twins.  Now my uncle has a chance to breath again.  Not be in constant worry of carrying for his wife and dealing with the abuse that came along with her illness.  It's only been 5 months and he's hit with this news.  I think it's so sad.  With all that said, why aren't I more grateful that I just deal with pain every day and not be grateful that it isn't something that will kill me.  It has definitely weakened me, but I'm not going anywhere.  

I plan to get a menu together tomorrow and make it to the store on Tuesday so I'm prepared to be home for awhile.  I need some good healthy meals.  I've been pretty lazy lately.  I really loose my will power when I have a lot of pain going on because it's so easy to eat something bad rather than take the time to fix something healthy.  I lost 17 pounds on weight watchers last summer after the doctor released me to do what exercises I could.  I started in July and hit my goal at the end of October.  November December and January even though off WW's I still managed to keep within 1-2 pounds of goal weight.  When my battery issues started and things go more difficult I quit trying so hard.  With that said I've slowly put 6 of the 17 pounds back on.  It won't be hard to move on up to 10 if I don't do something especially with no exercise for several weeks.  My new clothes are fitting a little tight so I'm feeling it there too.  I'm not about to pass by my pre weight clothes and get to the bigger size I had to buy because it got so bad.  I have to at least get 3 of the 6 off then I'll be comfortable again but ultimately would like to get back down to the total 17.  That gives me a little play room.  Something I definitely don't have now.

I've had a lot of friends offer to come visit after surgery.  Last year I was just got so down in the dumps after and had trouble getting my stimulator to work so I didn't want to see or talk to anyone for sometime.  I'm looking for the visitors this time so give me a ring if your free to come by and visit.  I'll gladly take you up on it.   I'm really looking forward to being released to get in the pool and then I'll stay busy for sure.  I know I've probably said that a million times.  I'm terrible about repeating my self.  

A few people have asked about my hives.  Although they continue to hang around they are so few compared to the previous 3 years when there were plenty every day to deal with.  Since they've returned I get 2-3 once or twice a week that hang around a couple of days.  I can live with that better that what I was dealing with.  Ultimately I'd love from them to go away and STAY away.  

Thank you again to all my readers, new friends I've made and old ones sticking by me.  Sometime in the last couple of days I've reached ten thousand page views.  That just blows my mind.  

I started this blog two weeks before surgery last year.  Here we are a year later and surgery again.  Lets just hope everything goes right this time.  I'm sue Mr. R is tired of hearing from me.   Happy Cinco De Mayo if you celebrate it.  This is the first time in our time together that we didn't go out for mexican dinner on this festive day.  Good night all!

Staying strong....Theresa
   The things you take for granted someone else is praying for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I actually go everyday to see if you wrote anything . I am having my surgery on June 4 for the permeant SCS. It can't come soon enough for me. Good luck with your surgery.