Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 3

Today was better than yesterday.  I last saw the clock at midnight and slept until the awful thunderstorm that hit out area woke me up.  It was actually Dallas I heard crying the the bedroom lit up from the lightening.   This was around 5am.  My husband left for work @ 6 and as soon as I got the text he was safe at work I was able to go back to sleep until 8:30.  When I woke up the second time I wished I had stayed up.  

The left side of my neck and shoulder were cramping and felt strained.   I believe from sleeping that way all night.  I tried my back but I just couldn't tolerate the pressure on my buttock.  As soon as I was up moving around I actually felt better, just as yesterday.  Being up is much better for my incision site/battery area.  Down side, my back pain is exacerbated in this kind of weather so being on my feet created extra pain there.  So I traded off time each way. I washed some clothes and did some ironing I've been putting off.  A some point I made myself lay down for awhile and watch tv.  I had to remind myself I had surgery two days ago.  Your body needs rest after this.  I'm so used to pushing myself to keep going because I'm afraid of what will happen if I give up the fight.

It's a bit personal, but heck you know every thing about me.  I was able to do my sponge bath today.  Thanks to that shower extension my husband put in my big tub.  Last May I had a shower chair which was so helpful but little did I know that I'd need it again so it was returned to my mother.  I've really missed my hot soaks.  They really help me relax before bedtime and help me get moving in the morning.  My week check is next Wednesday.  If everything looks good the bandage will come off and I can take a "normal" shower but still no bath, soaking or swimming until completely healed and closed.  So for now I'm making do with my "half shower" lol.  My hair definitely needs an oil change and I will work on that tomorrow after my partial shower. 

A year ago when I had the SCS implant done some dear friends sent me a  "get well" gardenia bush.  It was so tiny at first and now it's big and thriving.  Ironic that it's been year and now I'm recovering again and their are the first blooms on the gardenia.  I love the smell of gardenias.  


My husband father has been in the hospital for the past several days in the town he lives in approximately an hour and 45 minutes from here.  His two sisters and other family members having been sharing staying with him.  D was asked to come early Sunday and spend the day helping out so they could have a break.  I'm not sure what I'll be doing yet.  I may stay put right here if I don't have a big turn around with the soreness of the incision.  My daughter, SIL and grandson will come here if I'm not up to doing out.   If I am we plan to out to dinner. 

bandage over incision and new battery site


Good Night all.  Donna, so wonderful to hear from you....I'll be in touch
Janet, I wrote a response to you after your last comment.
Thanks to friends and family that have been checking on me.  I'm so blessed!
H.O.P.E.     Theresa

Hold on pain ends



No comments: