Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Thursday, May 16, 2013

1 week check (second time around)

What a busy long day!  A friend and sweet little girl came to visit me this morning.  Not only did she bring me my favorite flowers she came in with a little brown box that stayed a mystery until she was gone.  Oh my goodness, when I took a look inside I knew I was in trouble.  2 huge CC cookies, 2 red velvet petit fours and a small round cheese cake.  Bottom layer chocolate.  You know I text her and fussed.  She doesn't read my blog so she hasn't heard my complaining about gaining my lost weight back.  I'm sorry to say I didn't take the first picture.  Of us that is.  I did shoot my flowers after they left though so that's my excuse.   I don't know what's wrong with me.  I never skip pictures of anything.



Meanwhile during my visit with friends our AC man was here doing our spring "ac check up".  I know...be grateful something didn't happen on a Friday evening in LA heat to deal with all week end.  Gosh though, I'd just about had D convinced we could afford to take up this carpet I hate in the living room and put some flooring down.  Delay, gotta have the AC working.  Don't have to have new flooring sadly.   Unfortunately he found several things wrong so we fixed the worst.  He came at 9am and left at exactly 12:45.  My doctor appointment was at 1:15.  Need a good 25 minutes to get there during lunch time.  Paid the man then rushed out the door.

Appointment went well.  My prayer was answered.  Incision looked great, no sign of all of infection.  He took that huge bandage. All that tape was probably aggravating my hives.  He used some type of strips and said they need to stay on until the week end.  If they don't come off on their own by Sunday I'm to take them off.  This means I can take a shower now.  Woo hoo.  No tub, pool, sweating or anything strenuous.  Asked me to come back in two weeks and I'd most likely be released of all those no no's.   I'm going to do my best to continue to follow rules to make this happen.  No setbacks!
you can see how the tape was irritating my skin from the redness
I hope so.  Pool water up to 80.  Getting so close.  It's so hard to look at every day and not be able to get in.  When my friend was here we went outside on patio for about 20 minutes and at 9:30 in May we're already sweating.  I had to come back in.  I know, what do I want?  In LA you don't get warm weather without the humidity.  


My grandson on Mothers day ( curious P )
Nonna & P

I made a stop on the way home and kicked my feet up to read a little while until my husband would be in.  Yesterday I bought the new released copy of Dan Brown's Inferno.  I'm only on chapter 10 but I wish I could just read it all the way through.  I'd definitely be reading right now if not for typing this entry.  This series is incredible.  My husband came in around 45 minutes later and I met him at the back door and stepped into garage discussing our day.  A tall nice looking man stopped by from "no where"  I really didn't see him come up at all.  Any how, he asked if he could show us a shampooing method that was 95% powder and 5% moisture and dries in 25 minutes.  I told him we were looking to take our carpet up in the living room but hey if you understand that and it's free, go ahead.  He called someone and in they appeared with this vacuum and a huge box of all kinds of gadgets.  


can be use like a mop on tile also
To make a very long story short.  A three and a half hour story, they were Kirby sales people.  This vacuum was amazing.  Put my dyson to shame.  Seriously.  She not only demo'd the carpet but my couch, drapes,  pillow, ceramic tile, wall, ceiling fan, ceiling and....the worst my mattress and pillows.  It was absolutely sickening.  She told me not to feel so bad everyones was like that.  OH and she had to explain about how dust mites breed, and how much skin we shed in a year.  All kind of fun facts that I don't doubt for one minute are true but I didn't want to hear about.  Honestly, she didn't tell me anything I didn't already know.  Seriously.  I raised a son with asthma and we lived at the allergists' office.  As you can see there is a large stack of these circles that are made out of 1/8 of the thickness of bag it holds.  Everyone you see in the picture was dirty like that for multiple area she covered in same room.  Living room.
One very small spot for about 30 seconds.  Used the dyson yesterday :-(

The mattress about 10 seconds in one spot
These people stayed in our home from 4:30-8:00.  At 6:00 I told the sweet young girl.  I'm sorry but I'm starving and I have to eat to take my medication.  At this point my back was screaming at me because like a nut I'd been standing 75% of the time she'd been there.  She didn't seem to mind at all if my husband and I heated ourself up something to eat.  I couldn't believe it.  We made a plate a food, sat down and ate while she cleaned my couch.  Are you sure my sofa is leather ok to vacuum?  I asked her what did she expect to see come out of a sofa that wasn't breathable material.  She said, "watch".  ANd I did.  And my jaw was hanging.  Unbelievable.  I'm still dumbfounded.  I think she felt sorry for me because she kept telling me.  Awe your house isn't bad,  We see much worse.   It had a million attachments to do everything you can dream of.  Your gonna love this, you can blow the yard after my husband cuts the grass.  It has an attachment to air up balloons or balls or a mattress.   At one point she said it will do everything but the dishes and mow the lawn.  She's wrong.  It does do everything, but she left out one thing on the don't do list.  LAUNDRY :-)

I was so exhausted when they left.  I have to say they were super nice people.  I did be honest at one point and tell them that I think the vacuum would sell on its on if a customer was in need of one without 3 hours of demonstration.  Seriously.  I'm not sorry at all I gave up my night.  This young girl and I had a very long talk as she had breaks changing parts and hoses at times.  I really believe God wanted us to meet.  This story I will share with you in another blog post.  I really need to try and get some rest now. 

My back side is pretty sore from the big padding they had back there protecting my IPG and incision.  It really feels bare now.  It's good and bad in the same way.  Know what I mean?  I have not had my reprogramming yet.  My reps been hard at work and no time for me this week.  Well, maybe Friday.  He tired to get Lovely to come meet me at my appointment but even she was booked up also.  They must be implanting these things a lot.  He said definitely Friday or Monday.  Really up to me.  It can get crazy in town on Fridays so if my battery looks like I'll make it until Monday I may hold on until then.
I love you guys and so happy you've hung in there with me a year now.  Of course I've picked up many friends a long the way and even had an "old" friend find my blog while just searching for me.  It's crazy what you'll find when you google someone.  After I talked to them I had to try it.  I found myself on pinterest,  google + and my blog.  Also alot of pictures associated with many people with my same first and last name.  My friend had mentioned a few in particular and I asked, "how did you see those?'.  Private means zilch on the internet my friends.  So long and good night.  

HOPE.....Hold on pain ends

Theresa

When I started this is was Wednesday not Thursday. 


My son, Mothers Day 2013

My daughter

1 comment:

Unknown said...

In can tell you we had on of those Kirby selling people come to our home about 15 years ago and my hubby bought one, it was ok, but very heavy for me. I know about hot weather, we are in Florida and about to hit the 90's real soon. I glad you are feeling better, for me I still doing a count down.