Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mothers Day!


Me @ 17 and my mom @ 40

Along with the month of May comes the special day that is the biggest day in restaurant business every where.  A day we celebrate our moms.  Some of have moms to praise and are moms too!  I have friends who have lost their moms and a couple who are like me...lost their father first.  Regardless if their here are not this day is still theirs and they earned it.

As far as my Mothers Day it will be a little different this year.  With the surgery and a family member unexpectedly in the hospital, my husband was out at 6am to go where is family lives to be of some help.  Not without telling me of my "mothers day gift".  Yes, telling me.  It has to be made.  Go ahead and try to guess you never will.  Those of you who know my husband will agree.  Always expect the unexpected with him.  This is one unique gift though.  I will treasure it forever.  You'll see it as soon as I do ;-)

I had much improvement day yesterday.  I didn't give out until 4 in the afternoon.  Not that I did much, but it was a pretty typical day (for me).  As I tired out I started noticing that my arm was itching.  Ah, yes I remember what this familiar itch feels like. My never far away friend the hives.  Yes, hives with an "s"  Before I went to bed there were 3.  

I don't know why but some time there are just there and they itch and feel like stretched skin.  A tightness I can't explain but every so often one of the bunch just really hurts.  It kind of throbs and is warm to the touch.  They some how always seem to appear at the worst time or day.  I'm covered in cream, full of antihistamine and 3 wasn't enough.  I got up with a new one this morning.   I'm hoping they will calm down before my children come to visit me this afternoon.    

the one that hurts and the only one I can show you!
My mom is with my Uncle who I mentioned a few posts ago.  We've exchanged texts earlier this morning and plan to chat later.  She plans to cook him some homemade soup then return to her home and stay there for the night.  I'm sure her animals will be glad to see her.

As I said, I got around a good bit yesterday.  I brought on my back pain and turned on my stimulator.  I wasn't using it unless I had to because I still have to get the charger for it.  This battery requires recharging more often.  Mr. R and I exchanged texts yesterday to set up something to meet.  I need some reprogramming.  Stimulation needs to be moved but he accidentally made my programs 20 seconds on 10 seconds off instead of minutes.   "His bad" he said.  "I'll fix that"  Thank goodness!  Lets fix it sooner vs later.  lol

I've done it, passed the half way mark of my weight loss last year.  As soon as I get ok from Dr to exercise again I'll be all over it but I think it will take a little more than that.  Maybe 3 months of WW's?  We'll see.  I love my new clothes I rewarded myself with so I have to stay in them and that's what works for me.  With this latest flare up (pre surgery) I've for once understood the term "comfort food".


growing some seasonings outside love the smell of fresh parsley
Not helping me get the pounds off!  I love it!

I hope everyone one of my readers that is a mom feels special and loved today!  It's your day, enjoy it and let someone pamper you.  Even if you have to ask for it.  

my Mothers Day breakfast I fixed myself 


H.O.P.E. ( hold on pain ends )
Theresa

No comments: