Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Friday, May 31, 2013

The Test

Somehow it continues to be once a week.  I just don't know where the time goes.  I hope everyone enjoyed their Memorial Day week end.  "The start of summer".  For me, a few days shy of being able to get back in the pool.

Saturday my SIL and son came to help my husband put flooring down in our living room.  We got the carpet, padding and floor tacks out of the way on Friday so it was nice and clean when they showed up to work.  The only thing we had to do was remove the electric plate in the middle of room before starting.

Almost done.
They did an awesome job.  I'm one happy camper to have the carpet gone.  Not sure Dallas likes it to much.  I left at some point during the work to go and get him from the vet.  He had stayed over night for bladder stone surgery.  He did much better than the first time.  He took the vets advise and took it easy a couple of days.  Next Friday he'll get his stitches out.



Sunday I went to meet my granddaughters mothers to pick A up.  She hadn't seen me in a while and was so quite at first.  A few miles down the road she was over that and keeping me company.  The first hour we were home I didn't even know she was here.  She always goes to check on her babies and explore in the play room to see if there have been any changes.  

outside on the deck


Memorial Day


Monday a couple I've been friends with since our children were little came over to visit.  My husband boiled some crawfish and my granddaughter was the entertainment.  My friend had 3 grandchildren so she's used to cutting up with little ones.  Just the time the crawfish were done it started cooling off a little outside.  It won't be long and it be to miserable to eat anything outside.



On Tuesday morning Aunt B and P came to visit for awhile.  P loves the pool and never misses a chance to get in.  A not so thrilled.  She hasn't been around water a lot to she will get more comfortable as she comes back.  We had lunch together and when it was just A and I she was ready to get in and play around.  I was so happy for her she really enjoyed herself  Kind of hard to get a picture when your in the pool without a free hand.

I got in the pool that afternoon with her.  It was so nice to just walk around and do some stretches and even just float around.  The only time the screaming pain in my back takes a back seat.  I could stay in forever.


P with one of A's clips in his hair.

After resting later her and I went to watch P at his tee ball game.  What fun to see 3 and 4 year old trying to be organized. :-)
I promise you if they would have let A out on the field she would have went for it.  She had all the rules and what to do after hearing us tell P a few times.  Then she suddenly became a coach.  (see video on google+)


on first base


Snowball after game

See you soon cuz
Wednesday A and I baked some cookies for my doctor.  Later durning day was my 3 week check.  He said incision looked fine.  Not impressed with the rash all around it and asked me to start putting something on it now that everything seemed closed.  Minor compared to the hives thats been annoying me.  He also gave the ok for walking, swimming and low impact on the recumbent bike.  I haven't tired walking yet but I've been in the pool the last two days.  In there it feels great.  I've been sore everywhere especially in my back from new activity but hoping in the long run it will be for the good.

Tonight for the first time I rode my recumbent bike.  It was a world of difference in my battery site.  I couldn't feel a thing.  Of course it's uncomfortable for my back but at least now I don't have the burning pulling, pushing into me with my IPG.  Keeping my fingers crossed it lasts.  I'm so sore everywhere but won't let it stop me.  The more I move the better I'll feel.  I'll be back in tomorrow morning.  

I have a few errands after I spend some time swimming in the morning tomorrow then I have a wedding to go to tomorrow evening.  Saturday I plan to just relax and hang out by the pool.  It's been a long busy week end for me.  My husband is spending some time with some college friends so I plan to spend some time with my friends here. 

Donna, hope your enjoying your the rest of your trip.  Are you taking advantage of the pool there?

Janet, hang in there.  It's finally time.  I want to know how your doing as soon as you feel up to typing.  Take care and listen to your doctor.  Let me know if I can help in any way.  Surgery day is not to bad but the next 24 hours after are the hardest then it gets better each day after that.  

God Bess everyone
H.O.P.E. 
Theresa


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks Theresa, I am in NC till Sunday to get ready for the surgery on Tuesday.