Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Thursday, May 9, 2013

The day after

I'd like to say I had a good night and day today, but it wouldn't be true.  After finishing  the post I wrote last night (which may have not made any sense because I was in a lot of pain) I tried to lie down and get some sleep.   It was a long night awake and uncomfortable.  I could only lay on my right side.  A tried on my back with a pillow wedged to keep any pressure off of my incision side.  Swelling set in so on and off during the night I tried some ice. 

I finally starting dosing around 2.  At 6 I got up and turned on the news.  4 ibuprofen and 7 am I'm baking blueberry oatmeal muffins. A cup of Hazelnut coffee.  Ah, that helps anything.  Ran the dishwasher, put un a load of clothes and roamed around in my back yard for awhile enjoying the birds, plants and flowers.  And no, I didn't unload the dishwasher....left that for my helping husband. 


Being up was much more comfortable than trying to sit or lay on the couch or bed.  When I did have to sit down I rigged up a way to put something behind my lower back and it kept my lower area to touch anything.  It's hard to explain, but even doing that I could feel the  pressure from the bottom area.  I just made the best of it and got through the day.  It always seems to get worse at night.  Why is that?

Tomorrow is a new day so if I sleep a little more tonight even that will make tomorrow a little better.  The day after surgery is always the hardest to me.  Which means it should get a little easier each day.   If not I'll just have to find some more things to do standing!  I have some ironing I've been putting of for some time now. 

A while back I ordered a glass water bottle what has a reamer on top to add fresh lemon, lime, orange or whatever mixture you want to try.  I drank a full bottle of lemon water first.  Then I had a bottle of lime water.  I put lime or lemon in my water a lot to add some flavor to it.  I don't really care for flavored bottled water.  I've never liked putting the lemon down in my glass.  The built in reamer allows you to keep the water free from germs and pesticides on the skins.  For some reason it always taste better from glass instead of plastic.
Lime water




With drinking lid off



  • Why Lemon Water?
  • Lemon water is a natural detoxifier for your 
  • body
  • Aids in digestion
  • keeps your skin youthful and glowing
  • Freshens your breath
  • Fights colds and infections
  • Aids in weight loss


My new signature:

H.O. P. E. {hold on pain ends}
Theresa




lemon reamed and lid on



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hope today is a better day for you. I have 25 days and counting, and it can't come soon enough. I did get the honor of going to my only son courthouse wedding yesterday. Today my nephew and his mom are taking me to Disney world for my birthday which was a couple days ago. You are in my prayers, have a good weekend.

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

Janet....did you get my note to you a few days ago? I'm so jealous, what an awesome birthday gift. Congratulations to your son and new daughter in law.

Unknown said...

Was it the comment you left on my blog? Here is my email Jwillis676@aol.com