Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Goodbye Jeannie

In a quote from Ed himself " The Circle of Life".  Their first grandchild was born Friday April 26, 2013.  Jeannie left us the following day at 3:55 in the arms of her beloved husband.  (yesterday, Saturday) He is so at peace with this due to the fact that watching her suffer was very hard for him.  He also knew she was ready to go and reunite with their infant child "Maggie" and the miscarried children in between.  Her eldest sons wife gave birth to a baby boy Xander.  3 hours from water breaking to breast feeding.  An awesome night for their family.  Unfortunately they came home to Jeannie in her worst state ever.  She left us the following day.  I believe she knew, even though not lucid, that she could go now that her grandchild was here.  She held him, thought not sure if she really understood.  That's not whats important!  She is in no doubt heaven now rejoicing with her loved ones gone before her.  

We're enjoying ourself in Perdido Key.  Our first time here.  We usually go to Destin or Ft. Walton.  This place is right on the beach.  On the balcony enjoying the sound of the waves while typing this post and enjoying my morning coffee.  Where we typically stay San Destin, Destin or Ft.Walton on the Bay.  We have a short drive to "the beach" but has never bothered us in the past because we love where we stayed and it takes minutes to get to the public access to the beach.  Nice bath rooms and anything you want from souvenirs to something to wet your whistle.  Usually and "older crowd" at the condo so of course we love that too.  Not so noisy when us "old folk" wanting to turn in or rise early.  My husbands friend offered us this place at a cut rate because an unusual thing happened.  He had some open weeks at this time of year so he was willing to give us a cut rate and not commit to an entire week.   The beach isn't as pretty as Destin.  Reminds me of Gulf Shores.  No biggie...I don't go far in the water.  Maybe to my knees when searching for shells.  I prefer the pool.  Here and where we normally go they have a heated pool.  
Perdio Key, FL

If there is food the seagulls will come.  Dropped my delicious pear half eaten!

You get it, no you she's watching us!
On Friday morning as we were loading up and getting ready to take Dallas to doggy day camp I missed a call from PM office.  The message said they were calling to schedule the appointment at surgery center for reposition of battery.  I returned call within 10 minutes of message which was around 9:15 a.m.  When I called back to extension they asked me to  call and  schedule was busy and required me to leave VM.   At 10 when I didn't get a return call I called the gentleman at surgery center who handles ordering the necessary things for the surgery.  I reached his VM and asked him to call me back regarding the matter of my surgery and that I'd received a call from PM clinic to schedule reposition of battery.  I really wanted to know if they had approved the smaller battery for me or not.  I didn't reach him either.  Another voicemail.  As we drive on our way to FL I tried once more at 11:00 am with no luck and no return call.  So...it will wait until Monday.  Hopefully then I can reach someone to get this appointed and over with.    So that's where we are with battery issue.  I havent' confirmed for sure they will allow new, smaller battery but I do know for sure the surgery itself has been approved for reposition of "a"  battery.   I'll give them until noon tomorrow then I'll be calling both places and my St. Jude rep to badger him also.  (he requested I do this if I don't get a quick response from him.)  What he probably didn't realize is that indeed i will if necessary.

Random subject change here.  We stopped at Sam's on the way her for bottled water and of curse came out with things we didn't go in for.  There was one of those sample demo's set up for a Margarita, wine or Mojito mix and shake bag.  On the rocks or slush.  Whatever you prefer.  Seemed perfect for the beach.  We've made drinks and carried down to beach in the past and they were melted before we even set up.  Here it's easy enough to just pour and go down to your spot but if we were in our previous location we would just bring the pouch with us and being in the chest would be enough to keep them perfect.  JS in case you want to try.  Sam's informed us that this was a demo from company and only there for several days but web site available to buy any time you want on line   Sam's price 3 for $20 or 5 for $30  You do have to add your liquor but I think it's still a bargain compared to 1 drink in a restaurant or bar.   As a side note....if you add more liquor than water it works just as well as pain medication.  Something I've had none of since I've been here. (Friday)  


It's 5 o'clock somewhere
Back to reality tomorrow.  Monday.  We'll probably hit the beach for a couple hours then pack up and leave to take our time coming home.  I need stops at ALL state lines to stretch!  When we arrived on Friday we unpacked and hit the beach until 5 then we ate and did a little shopping at the local Publix.   We really kind of like this store.  Every time we come to Fl we go there and find something we don't find at home in LA.  Example. Peach Fresca.  One of my favorite carbonated beverages.  At home they only have plain ol Fresca.  Here they have Peach Flavor and Raspberry.  D and I both love Kaskhi cookies.   Available at Wal Mart in three different flavors.  Both of our favorites is the oatmeal dark chocolate.  I also love the oatmeal raisin flax.  Not a personal favorite of hubby.  So here at Publix we run across Chocolate Almond Butter....Yum so good!  On our way out we plan to stop at Publix and get a stock of Fresca and Kashi cookies.  


My monogrammed hat from a friend.  Definitely protected my face!
love the feeling of the water rushing over my feet.

So I return home with a funeral to face and say good bye to a dear friend and previous employer who taught me so much about life and why we're here on this earth.  Shortly after another surgery.  I'm told this will be nothing like the first one but excuse me if I'm skeptical because I haven't had a lot of luck with any procedure I've ever had.  I do know for sure that God has a plan for all of us.  I question it all the time.  Every day.  Why me Lord?  Why do I have to be hurting and such a party pooper?  He has never promised us answers.  Only that he is there for us to get through what ever we are facing.   Even though I have my complaints I know that God has a purpose for everything that we face.  It's my cross to carry and I don't have to understand it.  Just know that there is a reason for the challenge to carry on.  Walk by Faith, even when I cannot see.   Because this broken road prepares your will for me.  

In my 13 years in the dental field I worked for 6 different dentist.  2 were for a short period of time.  The others 3 years each and the last 6.  I'll never forget the dentist with most unpopular bedside manner but the smartest I knew asked me in an interview, "If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?". I told him it would be to live to see my kids grown and surviving on their own.  To know what they did with their lives and what they accomplished as an adult on their career paths.  He replied to my answer, "that is the most incredible and honest answer anyone has every said".  "It's the truth I told him, thats all I want to know".  
With that said, I'm grateful to still be here.  My daughter has been very successful in her career.  She is so good at her job she comes and goes as she pleases.  Any dentist is lucky to have her and that is obvious being that every time she has needed to go back to work God provides her with a good dental family to work for.  

As far as my son, that request has not been answered but I have complete faith it will.  I want more for him to succeed than I want to be pain free.  He deserves it and so does his daughter and who I call, "my daughter in law"  They may not have married but I feel like she is part of our family.  We've been through  a lot and over come many differences.  As much as I love my son, I love her for continuing to find the courage to carry on.  She had a degree before coming pregnant with my grandchild but it required her to move away from LA and she was loving enough to not want to leave her daughters family behind.  For her to have them near in the milestones she takes grown up. So she went back to school in 2010 and started all over again. She will be graduating next month with a nursing degree. 

Things have been harder for her than we could every understand.  No consist  help from my son.  Moving an hour and a half away from us and her friends to be with her family to get the help and support she needed to start over again.  Never an easy choice.  I know....I've been there.  It's not about you once you become a parent.  It's about what's best for your child and she has proven that to us more than we needed to know.  


A blast from the past 
April 2010
Things didn't work out for my son with the job we were so excited about.  I guess it wasn't meant to be.  It's so easy to get stuck in the "would have beens".   I know it my heart that God must have had a different plan for him.  Surely God knows how much his daughter and her mom need his support.  Maybe we shouldn't have got our hopes up.  Seemed like a sure deal.  So he continues to try and we continue to pray.  If you've never experienced ADHD as an adult you have no clue how hard it is to get through a day much less focus on continuing a search for a job.  Hopefully there will be other opportunities...Soon. A lot of people counting on him.  

It's time for me to go.  I've been back out to the beach twice since I started this post.  Now were in for the day because we're having dinner out tonight.  D is ready and waiting for me.  My deadline is 5.  I want to go shopping a little first.  I'll be back later this week and let you know my surgery date.  I expect to hear from someone tomorrow to schedule.

Love, prayers & painless days to anyone suffering in this crazy world we live in. 


3 things you cannot recover in life: the WORD after its said, the MOMENT after its missed, and the TIME after its gone.






No comments: