Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

A great hump day!

After 9 weeks of counting calories I've given up and returned to what works best for me.  I'd probably be at my goal now if I wouldn't have tried so save some money.  Monday when I weighed I was at 138.  Last week was 136.  That is really all I've done is bounce back and forth for 9 weeks.  

After I saw this number I went straight to my computer to sign up for WW's.   To my surprise they were having the sign up fee waived again.  I was so happy to see this.  I know in 3 months I'll be where I want to be.  That puts me at the end of Christmas so it will keep me straight during the holidays.    So my new weigh in day is Wednesday.  I said if I ever did WW's again I would not have my weigh in day be on Monday.  I always ended up with all my weekly points not used and would tend to want to use them up over the week end then weigh on Monday.  Honestly, it was never a problem but it messed with my head.  I entered in my 138 on Monday and weighed today at 137.  It asked for my weight today since I chose Wednesday as weigh in day.   Hopefully next Wednesday I will be back at what I had achieved at one point with Fitness Pal.  

I've already noticed in 3 days the difference for me.  When counting calories I was not pushed to eat my veggies and fruits I usually do.  If anything I limited them because they have calories also.  With WW's I tend to eat more of what the call "power foods"  Low in points but good for you and low in points.  Then of course I'm thrilled to have my 5 free fruits and veggies.   I know different things work for different people.  This has worked for me 3 previous times so I feel so much better going into it. 

My stimulator is still working well.  I decided to try something Mr. R mentioned once when I couldn't get any relief at all with it.  He told me to turn down to a light stimulation and leave on 24/7.   I've done this since Monday and I believe he gave me some good advise.  It may be a fluke, but I've seem to had a better 3 days with my back.  You can bet I'll leave it on like that until I don't feel like it's working.  It's important I check my battery soon because I usually turn off at night.  I'm sure it will run down a lot fast this way.  As I've mentioned in the past, if I let it go to low it takes a very long time to get totally recharged!

My elbow and tendon in my right hand is a complete other story.  Ha, after OT yesterday I was in tears.  It was so painful.  She told me I'd feel better a short while after I left due to some kind of inferred treatment that was the last thing done.  She said it lasts up to 8 hours post treatment and I do agree she was correct.  I didn't think so at first, but later in the evening everything I tried to do hurt both areas.  I sure hope this is better before I go on vacation.  I'll be back there on Friday for more torture!

Now on to the great news of the day.  Remember me mentioning going with my daughter for her ultra sound last week?  What I didn't share is we had a little scare from the doctor that had us all very concerned for baby Stevens.  I had stayed with her to see the doctor after ultra sound and I'm so glad I did.  She came in and started naming things to B that looked great with the baby.  It was obvious to both of us that she was getting to a "but", and she did!  She told B the baby had fluid around the heart.  She was not able to answer all of B's questions because that is not her "forte", the heart.  She told her she just knows that when she sees something different she doesn't take any chances.  She wanted her to go for another ultra sound at the hospital.  It was in the Maternal fetal medicine  department.  Her doctor knew it was hard not to worry, but she let her know that she has sent people there and it turned out to be nothing.  She wasn't willing to chance anything with the heart, it  needed to be evaluated with better equipment than they have at the OBGYN office.

Her doctor went out for awhile to see about scheduling her asap and my poor baby girl broke down.  Even your grown up married mother is still "your child" and it hurts to see them cry.  Especially B, she is tough as nails.  When her doctor returned we were informed she was able to get us in as soon as this Wednesday (today)  To us it seemed a long time, but to her doctor she was proud that she got her in that soon because it sometimes takes weeks.  I knew they were leaving for Disney at the end of that week so I was so happy to know she wouldn't have to be worried about that the entire vacation.

The doctor who reviewed the technicians ultra sound and report also did one himself.  The placement and amount of fluid did not have him worried.   He used the word confidant our little blessing is just fine.  He didn't feel the need to see her again either.    She does have to have another ultra sound soon with her doctor to make sure no changes have taken place.  He didn't seem it was likely.

 So turns out their vacation will be full of FUN and no WORRIES!.  P is so excited about leaving for FL.  He really doesn't know what will happen when they get there, but he can't wait to get there.   Nonna is so happy for them all.   We also found out today the sex of the baby.  It was inevitable.  My daughter didn't want to know but she had a feeling since the first ultra sound.  It was confirmed today, but what really matters to her is that he/she has a clean bill of health.  I promised to let her make the announcement to friends and family first.  (like she had to worry about me....her husband can't keep a secret for 2 seconds)  I did tell Poppa because he was waiting to hear news and when I talked to him he did ask.

After we left there my sweet girl took me to the dental office she works at and cleaned my teeth for me. We were going to do it the week before but it just wasn't the right time after the scary news.   It's always nice getting that done.  Even if it is your daughter coming at you with sharp instruments!!

I decided to try the pool today to see what reaction I would get out of my arm.  I dressed, got all the things I bring out with me and stepped down the ladder a few steps and came right back up.  Wow, a little chilly there.  The temp was  88 but no sun shining and we've had cloudy days since Monday.  I think that made it feel a little cooler than that.  My husband said we should still get a couple more weeks.  I hope so.  I'll be happy with this week end and next week.  After that we'll be away at the beach anyway.  

As usual I started this much earlier in the day and now B has posted a video telling P whether he is getting a sister or brother.  They ask him what he is hoping for and still says "a girl".  So mommy and daddy tell him he is having a SISTER.  You should see his face.  One happy little boy.  It was really cute.  I'm sitting here thinking how much love I have in my heart for my two grandchildren.  It's so full it's amazing that there will be room for more.  Honestly, seeing her little tiny body moving all around these last two weeks has firmly planted it there already.  It's amazing how you can see such detail.  Her little brain, fingers, toes, spine, her heart pumping and her beautiful profile.  God is truly awesome. I was day dreaming of the day she arrives.  Hopefully she stay put and not come early like her big brother.

Well I've carried on enough tonight.  Hope your day was as delightful as mine.  

Hope you all have pain levels that are tolerable.
With H.O.P.E.
Theresa

No comments: