Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Friday, October 11, 2013

Trying to stay positive

Here is the long and short of what's up.

Since Tuesday's OT my elbow/arm has gotten worse.  The swelling and the pain.  So much so that I emailed the doctor who referred me and inquired if he thinks we could possibly going in the wrong direction.   Today I was in tears through entire treatment.   She took a different approach and tried something different today.  She felt terrible and I felt terrible for her.  I assured her I didn't think it was her.   She reminded me tendonitis is slow to heal.  Today is visit 5 and I may not get relief until 3 weeks. 

She basically pleaded with me to hang in there.  Rest my arm as much as possible once we are there.  No stretches if it brings on pain.  Wear my wrist brace but only the BANDIT when I could tolerate it.   What ever reduced the pain the most, heat or ice....use it.

Needles to say packing this evening has it way up there on the pain scale.  I have everything that I can do tonight.  I was scratching off my list and I came to "Charge Stimulator".  Great, that has to be done.  So here I am charging and decided to give you guys and update.  Typing is NOT helping but nothing is so oh well.  It's making this charging time pass a little faster.

This does not look like tendonitis to me :-(

I finally got those new tires on my car Thursday.  It's been bothering me.  Just needed time to do it.  Unfortunately they had some other bad news for me.  I'll need some work done when we return home.  I was upset about it at first but heck my car is 9 years old this month.  I've really had hardly any trouble with it at all.  It's been a good car to me.  Many people are asking why don't I just get a new car?  I really don't drive far.  When we travel we take the truck because of the bed cover.  It's almost always just me and I don't go far.  I can't see having a new car note for 4-5 years if it's not absolutely necessary.  Just how I roll.

On to the WW's saga.  The one thing I've been happy about this week.  I've lost some inches and finally made some progress on the numbers.  I think your body has to work with the plan also.  Counting calories didn't not work with my body.  It didn't have me eating what I needed to help me loose.  I'm excited to bring a few things I haven't been able to wear since the early spring.  I may have to stop after another pound or two.  My battery is getting tender like it did last year when I lost weight.  I wonder.... Why can't I loose some in my breasts, instead of the buttock?  I need that, I don't need the extra breast tissue....lol.  



So last Wednesday I was at 137 and hoping to be back to my "best" with Fitness Pal.  I accomplished that plus two.   I'm sure it was just time for it to finally start dropping but I could tell after 2 days this was going to work for me.  Sometime it's just not worth it to try an save a few dollars.

I'm a day late...I know.  Just couldn't get around to it yesterday.  Even late at night.  My arm was hurting so bad i just couldn't type at all.  I need to give a shout out to my Sister in law.
"C".  A great one she is.  She helps out my mom all the time and for that I'm so grateful.  She's a supermom, stepmom and domesticated housewife.  I sent her a text, which I am so against.  People that I don't see, they deserve a card in the mail.  Other than that, I think it's a waste of money.  It goes straight in the garbage and adds to our landfills.  My opinion!  So C....Happy belated birthday.  Hope it was special for you. 
C shares a birthday with my dad.  It was his birthday yesterday also.  See my post last year on Oct. 11 if you missed it.  We miss him so....

One last thing.  My daughter and family made it home this afternoon.  I'm so thankful God guided them home safely.  D and I will ask for the save favor as we take off tomorrow.  Our dog, Dallas, had it all figured out tonight as so as we took out the suit cases.  I really needed to give him one of my anxiety pills to calm him down.  I couldn't make him understand why it was ok tonight.  You can wait to freak out in the morning.  Which he will.

Dallas with "peanut"

I"m sure your hear from my while at the beach.  Pictures will look the same as always.  That's because it's always, beautiful, the same and that's what we love about it so much.  We can count on it to be simply beautiful.  

I made a proposal to my husband that he shave his hair and he went for it.  I was kind of shocked.  He wanted me to do it for him.  We both liked the way it came it.  A strange feeling for him to get used to.  I teased him and told him that I'd be willing to shave mine and we'd match.  No way he wanted me to do that.  I swear I would though.  Right now I can barely lift my arm as high as my shoulder.  It's just hair.  It will grow back.


"D"  Thank God he's in my life <3

Enjoy your week end.  I pray if your dealing with any physical or mental pain that you get some relief.  A little or a lot I know you'll take it.  God bess!

Hanging in there with H.O.P.E. (hold on pain ends)  I'm still waiting...and believing. 
Theresa

Sorry I am skipping the quote.  I'm exhausted and still have more to do when my stimulator is done.  (soon I hope)

No comments: