Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Decisions, decisions...

The time has come that I can no longer put of making a decision on accepting or declining the benefits that come along with disability.  I've been in touch a with a representative of Medicare Plans.  My attorney gave me his number and told me to hang onto it. The day I starting getting information regarding Medicare benefits I should give him a call.  Please don't try and figure it all out on your own.  I clearly see why now.  It can be quite confusing. 

We're clear on one thing.  It would be a lot less expensive premium if I take the medicare coverage.  Everything is different though.  I've had to do  a lot of research to prepare to sit and meet with the Humana Representative.  For example; checking with all my doctors to make sure they take this plan.  I also went online and entered all the prescription medications I take to see what they would cost under this plan.  Some were the same but several were more expensive. A couple they don't cover.  Mainly it was the newer prescriptions that haven't been around forever. It works on a tier plan and depending where the drug falls depends on your payment for it.   Certain tiers give you different coverage.  Long story short several of the medications I take are $20 to $30 more per month so it you multiply that times 12 it almost makes up half of the savings.  

I spent several hours on the phone today trying to get answers.  I called Humana directly since the website would not give me a clear answer on if some of my doctors were involved with the plan or not.  The most important ones are, but for the ones that aren't I want to see  what my options are to replace them.  I've seen some of these doctors since 2006 or earlier.  It all boils down to dollars and cents.  Honestly, my husband asked me forget the money, does it benefit you to be covered with Humana insurance? If not just leave things as they are.  I couldn't really answer that.  I think we will be close to breaking even.  I just have to do a little more homework tomorrow.  The deadline is closing in so I have to make my decision. 

My daughter and her family left for Disney World FLorida.  I was worried about the storm that was brewing around in the gulf but it turned out just fine. At half way they stopped for the night and completed their journey the next day.  My daughter has kept myself and P's other maw maw excited with a lot of pictures all day, everyday.  They are all so cute.  He is surly have a great time and making some wonderful memories.  Nonna is so happy for him.

I'm a bit worried about my daughter.  Her feet are hurting her after 2 days and 2 parks.  MAGIC KINGDOM & HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS. P, ha..he is a brave little fellow.  He's riding all those big rides with his dad and mom.  I thing some momma is very willing to sit out because of the long lines. This gives her a chance to rest her poor feet.  

Maw Maw and I (Nonna) have been in stitches all day with pictures and texts from mom.  P's little sister will get to hear all about big brother seeing all of his favorite characters.  It is so obviously clear how happy and excited he is to be there.  I have so many pictures. Here is a wrapped up preview she made for instagram.


Magic Kingdom
Magic Kingdom
Swimming is down to a minimum.  Last time I was in the pool was Thursday evening.  The temperature had made it back to 90.  I enjoyed that swim so much thinking it may be my last.  Thursday night P came over to sleep so mommy could get started with shopping, finishing up some work and packing in the early morning.  No swimming that evening.  

Friday morning P and I set out at 8 to go and pick up A at our usual meeting place.  We picked her up and came back to my house. They played and had a great time together.  After lunch P's mom came and A had to come to OT with me and watch me be tortured once again.  My right side the therapist agreed was better.  The left, worse.  She could hardly touch it.  After consulting with her peers she came back and told me we needed to add a harness to keep my wrist from moving.  Keeping my wrist from moving keeps the tendon at rest so it can heal.  I still need to do the exercises and stretches at home.


I have to admit I noticed a big difference the first day.  This brace is so much more comfortable than the one she made for me on the right hand.  I realized just how much it helped when I took it off Sunday to do some dishes. As I was unloading the dishwasher I could feel how sore and swollen it is.  Tonight after the stretches I rubbed the area with a medicated cream and then measured out of curiosity to see if it was still swollen.  Around my right elbow measures  an inch larger than the left one.  This sure does seem to be a slow healing process. However I am glad to be better on one side at least. 

A stayed until Sunday.  On Saturday night I took her to see her daddy when he got off work.  He is working 13 days and 1 day off until Thanksgiving so it is hard to get some visitations in right now. I was so proud of the them both.  When we left they both did so well.  I took a couple of pictures of them together.  (are you surprised?)  A likes to take 2 always!. One silly and one with a smile. Silly usually means her tongue out.  This has been her routine for quite some time now.  It's funny, as I mentioned earlier I'm getting a lot of pictures from my daughter and many have P's tongue out.  I asked if he got that from Lou Lou.  (her nickname at their house) and she said, no he's just so happy he is beside himself and don't know what to do with it.  Too funny, that kid.


Saturday night
Friday
We are experiencing a fall like week here in Baton Rouge. Cool in the morning and late evening.  Next week vacation.  Woo hoo, I just can't wait.  We've checked the extended forecast for Destin and it looks awesome.  October is our favorite time to go and we've never been disappointed.  The weather is perfect and the crowds are minimal.  Hopefully I will feel well enough to go to a couple of places we love to shop each year.  

I started typing last night and got really sleepy.  (this is a GREAT thing) I put down the computer and picked up first thing thing this am to finish.  I plan to head to AT&T before I let myself get tied into another survey and can't upgrade my phone. I want to look at the new iphones and see if I like them.  After that I'm off to OT.  Sometimes I don't like change.  I could very well keep the one I have.  Instead of my usual inspiring bit I have to leave you with some more pictures that will clearly show you how much fun my grandson is having.  Oh how I wish I could be there with him.

Living with H.O.P.E
Theresa



Dinner with Mickey & friends
One Happy Boy!






Hey look, it's Pluto
Think I'll take a picture with him :-)


No comments: