Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, October 28, 2013

A fun filled week end



Better late than never.  I should have had this up Wednesday but I honestly have not even looked at my email or much of anything else since then.  I weighed and measured that morning.  Had a very busy day then went to dinner with my girlfriends.  I really had to be picky seeing it was the beginning of the WW's week for me.  The food was delicious but the company even better.  



These ladies are great.  They didn't mind posing in different areas of restaurant before I found the best back ground.  Then we grabbed our server and had him capture a few shots.  He even let me check and make sure we were ok with them.  What a sport.  Thanks Brigitte for adding the festive boarder.  

The previous day my second appointment of the day was with the OT.  Durning treatment I was pretty uncomfortable.  She had another therapist who does the Dry Needling also known as  intramuscular stimulation  evaluate me.    I was really hoping that after Friday's session we would be able to determine there was not a need for it any longer.  I did have improvement, but not enough to change her mind about having it done.  It hurts so much in that area I can't imagine having needles inserted into these tendons or muscles. 

The session lasted longer than usual so I got a late start on my Chicken Enchilada soup when I got home.  So late I was putting it up in bowls to freeze and some for the week pretty late that night.  It was worth every minute though.  It was so good.  I entered everything in the WW recipe builder.  I made a double batch and it totaled 6 points per cup.  A cup doesn't sound like much but when you add some cheese and sour cream it is very filling.  What I was missing was the chips I enjoying dipping in when I'm not "watching it".  
Most of what goes in
Then I remembered these tortilla wraps that I like to make a turkey wrap with for a change up from bread.  I also love to make fajitas with them.  The tomato basil flavor is 1 point.  Yes, you read right.  ONE point.  The wheat is 2.  Weird, I know.  Most tortilla wraps or flat bread are 2 points.  I get them at Wal Mart but you know how that is.  Some Wal Mart's carry them and some don't.  I can't always find them when I want them.  Anyway, I decided to toast one instead of just warming to get it it crispy.  I broke into pieces and it worked lovely as "chips" to dip in my soup.  Above is most of the things that make everything come together to taste wonderful.  The chicken and the fat free half and half are missing.  The recipe calls for heavy whipping cream but I promise you it's no different with the fat free.   


Ole Mexican Foods "a better choice for your health"
toasted and broken into chips

On Thursday I kept a friends little girl at my house all day.  She is super active and kept me busy and my mind working.  She is a talker like my grandson.  Full of questions and only stops talking when she is sleeping!  An hour and a half after she left my home my granddaughter came.  Lucky for me, her mom brought her to my house and I didn't have to drive and meet her like usual. 

Tomorrow (Monday) is her birthday and she was going out of town for some "me" time.
Of course it was fine by me that A wanted to spend some time with Nonna.  Unfortunately she had to go to therapy with me on Friday morning, but I smoothed it over by stopping by the library to pick out some books she had in mind to choose.  She is starting to recognize some words so loves to read a book that has them so she can tell me the words.  

enjoying the computer
  
After OT was over we met my daughter and grandson at Chick fil A for lunch.  The kids loved it because the play area was unusually empty.  I'm glad they got to visit because the rest of my daughters week end was packed.  We had lunch and a nice visit before we each moved on to our next item on the list.  Just so happened it was Wal Mart for both of us.  The necessary evil :~{




best part of my day <3

We finally made it home around 3:30.  My friend who I mentioned earlier wanted to let her daughter and A visit because they love spending time together.  Her name starts with an A also so I'll call her A2, laugh out loud.  Her week end was full except for Friday evening.  I had told her we'd see what time we got home and how tired each of us was.  A rested and watched a movie while I put everything away then I kicked back in the recliner on the heating pad for awhile.  Shortly after they came to visit.  A2 grabbed my A and hugged her.  She said, " I love you A".  So sweet.  We took them for a wagon ride and to swing and slide next door.  Then we had supper together.  It was enjoyable for us all.  A2 and A had a great time playing together.  Neither wanted to stop.


Little monkeys 

A & A2
Saturday was P's official day of birth.  His party is next week end so I'll wait and do his birthday post with his party pictures!  4 years old.  They are both 4 and we have another on the way.  When I think back where I was 4 years ago I'm a little disappointed.  I know I can't dwell on it, but I can't help but wonder what things would be like if I wouldn't have ever had the first surgery.  I know I can't look back.  I have to keep looking forward.  That's where the H.O.P.E. comes in.  I keep telling myself that and I will as long as I have to.  It would be nice if I could get rid of some of these other ailments though.  

I brought A back to the library for Cliffard's 50th birthday.  It was nice.  They played games, sang happy birthday, made a craft and then had treats and lemonade.  I'm happy for her we went. She really enjoyed it. 

Happy 50th Cliffard

A snack after craft.

I brought her to meet her mom this evening.  Even though while loading up she was asking over and over,  Why do I have to go home?  I can tell you when she saw her mommy her story changed.  She was so happy to see her and go with her.  

So it is now Monday morning.  I was watching the nail biting World Series.  St. Louis 2 Boston 2.  Every game has been close.  Needless to say I thought I could do both.  When the game ended I gave this 100% UNTIL...I fell asleep with my laptop on my lap.  I woke up at 2 am with my fingers on the key board and my neck very uncomfortable.  I'll end here as to not delay another day waiting until tonight.

Happy Monday and to everyone a great week.
Full of H.O.P.E.
Theresa




No comments: