Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, October 21, 2013

Home Sweet Home

I believe coming home is the hardest part of vacation.  Your never ready to leave and you have to pack your things anyway. Then you all ways come home with more than you left with.  Right away I started planning Saturday when we started home Friday evening so I could rest on Sunday.  1/3 into the ride home I was so uncomfortable I literally didn't think I could make it.  My stimulator was so high it was nerve racking.  When we stopped for something to eat I was like a robot getting out of the truck.   

When we made it in I was never so happy to get out of an automobile.  Between the packing and loading to leave, unloading when home and I think the biggest culprit was the rain.  Something we had not seen in a week in FL.
That's very typical of how it starts too.  About 6-7 hours before the weather gets here.  I didn't sleep worth a flip even though I was thrilled to be back in my bed.  

On Saturday I hardly did anything.  My back was so sore.  It was different than my "normal" pain.  I felt like I'd been beat with a board.  I took an epson soak and did a little laundry.  Other than that I stayed on the heating pad and in bed most of the day.  Thank goodness I felt a little better on Sunday because I really needed to go grocery shopping and finish up around here.  Of course there is the huge stack of mail when you return to go through.  Blah...

open and sorted
I did find one thing very exciting in this stack of mail.  The hundred dollar check that I was promised for doing the Television study.  Nothing like coming home from a week off and finding some extra money!



I was determined to cook Sunday.  Maybe even two things.  I just love having supper already done for a couple of nights during the week.  By the time I went to Sam's and Wal Mart I was hungry and tired.  I had lunch, a rest on the heating pad then back at it.   I started a pot of red beans and decided I really wanted some chili.  I like for it to get cold but I'd been craving some for a couple of weeks.  

I've always cooked my chili from scratch the same way.  Being on Weight Watchers I knew I'd have to do some work to figure out the points or I could use a recipe already calculated, tried and rated.  It was different than my chili but I absolutely loved it.  5 points for a cup.  Some 2 point Mexican WW's cheese, and 1 pt worth of light sour cream on top and it was off the hook!!
My son stopped by on his way home from work to get a bite to eat and gave it a star rating also.  I liked it enough I'd cook it that way again WW's or not.  Matter of fact, I usually like to skip a night between left overs.  I didn't mind at all having again tonight.  It's red beans tomorrow night!

I bought a huge pack of chicken Sunday to make Chicken tortilla soup.  Another favorite when fall sets in.  It freezes so well and so easy to make.  Those are two big factors for me if I'm going to cook a "big" batch.  I have an appointment with my psychologist and the OT tomorrow.  After I get home I'll get that soup going. I love this season, but not the switch of warm to cold then back and forth.  It's really hard on the joints.  

On Wednesday evening I'm having dinner with my group of friends that meet regularly.  I'm glad we're getting it in before the holidays.  I'm pretty sure the last time we got together was in May.  It's amazing it such a short period of time so much there is to talk about.  I'll have to talk fast.  It's the first night of the world series.  #redsox  #bostonstrong

I'm not sure If I mentioned or not I bought some Coconut Oil a few months ago.  I'd seen on Dr. Oz that it was good for many uses and I wanted to try for a particular use.  I had to research to find a good brand now I'm seeing it every where.  Even Sam's has a huge container of it.  Like the size you would get powder detergent in.  I don't need that much Coconut oil.  LOL.  Here are some uses.

  1. It's great for your skin so slather it on.  I've been putting it around my heels at night before going to bed but any where is great.  Also great for your cuticles, dry knees or elbows.
  2. Massage oil.  Why not?  You need the oil anyway so why not use something that smells great and is good for your skin if your giving your partner a massage.
  3. Removes even the hardest mascara to take off.  Much better than using something with a lot of chemicals.
  4. Lip balm
  5. Frizz Fighter for your hair.
  6. In the kitchen same as you would use EVVO.  It adds flavor to your recipe.  Yes, I've tried it.  
  7. Popping pop corn
  8. Making your own granola or nut butter.
  9. Roasting vegetables
  10. Replace vegetable oil for baking.  Everyone will want your recipe.
  11. Nipple cream for breast feeding moms.  It's all natural so it's safe for nursing mothers to use.
  12. As a sexual lubricant or vaginal dryness.
I could go on and on but you can look your self and find many more.  These are some I've tried myself.  Regarding the last one, things you buy Rx or over the counter really have chemicals in them you really don't want to absorb in your body.  Especially on a regular basis.  I can tell you I've paid a pretty penny for a prescription for estrogen cream that didn't work near as well as this does.  Check with your doctor first if your concerned.   


The brand I bought


Have a great week!  I plan to give it my best because I have H.O.P.E.
Theresa




Faith

I believe in the sun, even though it doesn't shine.
I believe in love, even when it isn't shown.
I believe in God, even when he doesn't speak.

Found on the wall of a concentration camp

1 comment:

Have You Cake~On The Lighter Side said...

Thank you for this post. I've been researching the coconut oil myself but hesitant to use it. There are several things on this list I can use it for!!!!