Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Another try

On Wednesday I started to get discouraged early morning because I couldn't find a program to be comfortable.  As I've explained in past, sometimes when I do get coverage on my back where I need it I have to take it where I don't need or want right now.  As time goes on this is suppose to lessen or possibly go away.  12 programs and I can only tolerate 1.  This happened over night!  The last reprogramming was 3 weeks ago.  I thought it would last longer this time.  All day I kept switching around to find something better.  No luck.  I kept telling myself, go ahead and text Mr R and set something up.  I had Friday available then not agin until next Wednesday and I surely didn't want to wait to then.

7am I text Mr R. and fill him in.  Can you help me tomorrow? (Friday)  He's usually pretty good about responding pretty quickly and if not it's a few hours, never more.  I realize he does have other patients and possibly in surgery.  So...3 o'clock rolls around and as I take a pain pill I realize I haven't heard from him.  I always hate those situations.
Do you text again, or am I being pushy?  I know I've been guilty of returning a text due to forgetting because you can't answer at just that moment.  I've had friends/family not return mine for same reason, but I couldn't bring myself to text him again just yet.  He hasn't failed me yet.  Be patient.  

4:00pm a text from Mr. R.  Hey Theresa, I'm working on finding you a spot.  
ME: It's about time......wait 10 seconds.  I'm just kidding.  Mr. R.  Honestly I was in surgery and straight with patients after, no excuse but I just forgot temporally.  You scared me.  (talking about the "it's about time")  ME:  I was just about to dis you in my blog.  Mr R: LOL  We talk about my blog a lot while working together.  

He still hadn't found a way to see me but said to hang on and he would definitely find a way to see me tomorrow (today) but he'd be getting back with me sometime in the evening.  I did hear back from him around 7.  He couldn't work it out but he said Lovely would be in town for a trial placement and would see me right after.  She'll be in touch with you.  Great I told him.  Appreciate your efforts.  Lovely text me 30 minutes later and we scheduled for 12noon.  

I left the house this am at 11 to do a few other things first so I could come home right after because I'm usually tired after from standing still in one spot for so long.  I text her to let her know I was on my way to town and I'd be on time.  She text right back and said surgery was supposed to start at 10:30 and doctor still wasn't there.  Take your time she told me.  Oh my gosh.  I didn't even have my stimulator on because I didn't find it helping anyhow.  I was praying this would turn out to just be a tiny bump and only keep me waiting a short time.   At 11:45 I text her and told her I was headed that way.  We're just getting started, I can't keep you sitting that long she told me.  Your right, not happening.  She said she had text Mr. R to see where he was in his schedule and he happened to be at Surgery Center seeing another patient and was finishing up.  He'd wait for me and text his next patient he'd be a little late.  Great.  These rep's are great.  They do what it takes to keep you from hurting and happy.

We both decided right away we'd keep it short and simple.  Just fix one thats there or give me a new one that covers and I'll be on my way and you can get on with your day.  Well, it sounded like a good plan but never that simple.  What ever was going on with my leads, it has everything out of course.  He said what's happening right now is the signals are reaching the nerves in my rib cage area and sending sensations to my stomach.  It takes some getting used to, but when you are hurting as bad as I am it feels comforting.  My stomach has no pain so its insanely ANNOYING.  I know, I sound like a big complainer but Mr. R completely understands.  We worked and worked.  It was my stomach or my....get ready vaginal area.  Maybe some women might like this but it wasn't pleasing to me.  I'm quite sure I'd wet myself and not know it.  LOL.  Trying to find some humor in all this.  In an hour and half he managed to put 4 new programs on and there not perfect, but I'll work with them.  He didn't want to take away any of other 12 because there is a good chance just as I woke up one morning and they didn't work, I could wake up and find them helpful again.  I have a new reader who has my same stimulator.  St. Jude
Tell me, do you experience this?  If you don't, I don't want to know about it.  JJ

I haven't had a chance yet to go back in her blog to the date she had surgery but I am excited to read about her experience.  Love her title too.  I'm sure she won't mind me sharing for those of you reading for back pain reasons, or with a SCS.  Maybe she'll share mine in her blog.  "Rain into Rainbows"

A dear friend text me last night.  I teared up, her text read quote "Girl, I don't know how you do this.  I'm hurting so bad I want to cry"  She told me her back was on fire.  Hopefully its acute for her.  I really didn't know what to say.  Sometimes I don't deal with it well at all.  I take it out on D.  I take it out on myself by feeling pity and asking, "Why me,  what did I do?"  There is a reason, I don't know it yet but in my lifetime I'm sure I'll see it clear.  

I have a friend who I rarely talk to, we've know each other since I was 18.  He calls to check on me now and then.  EVERY time we talk, he says, "T, the way I see it if we wake up and open our eyes and see another day, thats enough to be thankful for"
He is so right.  Some days when I open my eyes the pain is so bad I don't want to get out of bed so I try to remember what he said to me and push on.  No doubt someone else is much worse off.  Like my cyber friend Shauna.  God Bless her, she's been through hell and back and she carries on strong and proud.  An inspiration to me and many others I'm sure.  You know the old saying, you are who your friends are.  Thank GOD I have the best of them and they've stuck by me.  Family too.  I know they are tired of hearing same ol things from me, but they still ask. Why? Because they care and their willing to listen.

Have a great week end to everyone.  Family, friends my fellow pain followers and anyone else out there.  Thanks for stopping by and supporting me.  I can't tell you how much it means to me to see those numbers creeping up everyday.  



  The things you take for granted someone else is praying for. 

No comments: