Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, September 3, 2012

Labor Day and Weigh in Monday

Holding at last weeks weight




So I'm not surprised at the "no weight" loss.  It was a terrible week all around.  The weather had my back hurting to bad to walk and the weather also prevented me from walking anyway.  Being shut in a few days made it a little harder to stay away from the No No foods.  I did loose another inch in the waist and I didn't gain so alls well that ends well.

I managed to get over to the walking path on Sunday.  Low and behold I ran in to my friend.  She hung around and walked another mile so we could chat.  That really makes it go by fast.  I made it back this evening but it was a rough one.  I didn't want to go and I was really uncomfortable.  I was in a situation around here that just had me feeling like I just had to get out any way.  

I'm looking forward to a new week but know it will be a bit like last week.  Emotional wise I don't think it will be much better.  My son's been here since Thursday.  A lot of tension with him here.  He's in another bad situation.  Car troubles and no way to fix them.  We don't see having it up and going any time soon.  I found out yesterday it was worse than we thought so we've just put a hold on everything until Tuesday so I could think about things, but still no answers.  On top of that he's sick.  

I should be sleeping, tomorrow is a 5:20 day but my mind is racing about a million things.  I'm still struggling with this new medication and it's been plenty of time for any side effects to go away that will.  It stinks because my testing showed it was the perfect one for me but I'm not sure I can continue to deal with the stomach issues it is causing for me.   I don't see Dr. L until the 20th to discuss.  I don't even want to think about trying another.  I may not have an option though.  

While I was away walking yesterday D did a little more work around the deck.  Put some lattice work around some open areas.  Planted the banana trees that were once in the corner by the pool is now.  He also has the fountain up again.  



The birds are just eating the bird seed faster than I can fill up the feeder.  We open the back door and the just flock everywhere.  D put the hummingbird feed out because we'd been seeing them buzzing around.  We watch them from the kitchen two, three at a time just flying around.  Their amazing to me.  Such small little creatures.  I decided to sit on the patio yesterday after swimming to see if they would still come.  Indeed they did.  I had camera in hand and they didn't mind flying around to show off for me.  

We had some friends over today.  They were amazed as we were outside swimming and around the deck while D was grilling at how many and how they came around even with us being so close.  I refilled the bird feeder.  We'll see how long it lasts.  Guess I need to buy bigger bags!


I love them

Their amazing


Off he goes, but he'll be back



I'm watching baby C tomorrow.  Hope I'm feeling a little better or it will be quite a long day.  Anxious about finding information about car, what's wrong with my son and how I'll get him to the doctor with no car.  Drama, Drama.  Oh, and though they've lessened, my hives are showing their mean selves right now.  I wonder why??  Tomorrow night I really need to get around to charging my battery.  This is the longest I've went without charging.  I'm sure it will take awhile.  It's been two weeks. :-(

Good night and I hope you are sleeping well.

The things you take for granted someone else is praying for. 

2 comments:

Have You Cake~On The Lighter Side said...

Love the humming birds. So beautiful. Love the quote at the end too...chin up my friend

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

I'm trying, it's really heavy right now. Thanks for helping me do so....