Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Finally, a good day

As I've mentioned in the past I try to keep it to a good day or a bad day instead of to much complaining.  For whatever reason last week there were no good days.  I'm not even going to state what explanation I came up with every day.  I'm always trying to come up with a reason I feel the way I do. Weather, to much activity, housework.....gotta have an answer.  

It's not helping the situation much that my stimulator is not helping much right now.  At my last meeting with Mr. R I left not feeling real confidant that the changes would last long, and they didn't.  Everyday I've spent plenty of time running through them all trying to find one that was comfortable enough to help.  Tomorrow I plan on trying to get in touch with Lovely and see if she will be over this way anytime soon.  Maybe seeing someone different will help.  

By Thursday I was really struggling.  I was watching baby C that day and by 3 I was in tears.  It had caught up with me and when she went down for her nap I just laid down and cried.  I don't do that often but it was one of those times I just felt like I couldn't take another day of this pain.  It's there everyday but it doesn't get that bad very often.  I have times that I really take it easy or I head out to do a list of things then come home before finished because I'm starting to get to uncomfortable.  When this kind of pain comes on it's like a migraine and there is nothing you can do but just get still take some deep breaths and get in control of your emotions and pain the best you can.  I didn't think I'd survive the drive home and when I did I went straight for the bed.


This is how I felt

On Friday I did only what I had to do. It was a rainy week end here so I took a day of rest on Saturday.  I did walk with my friend in the morning but the rest of the day I curled up on the couch and watched Lifetime movies and washed clothes.  Even doing that I was struggling around the house.  

Today, Sunday finally a "good" day.  Regular pain day.  A controlled one.  I was able to get out after the morning shower and grocery shop and later this afternoon had a good walk.  Run keeper informed me of some good news, I achieved some personal bests.  

  • Fastest average speed
  • Fastest average pace

My goal has been to walk a 12 minute mile.  Most of the time I'm at 16-18.  Today at one mile I was at 13 minutes 0 seconds.  Pretty darn close. I don't know how I did that and not sure when it will happen again.  I had a bad sleep week last week also.  Friday and Saturday night I slept good.  I think my body needed that so bad.  So this was the best "good" day I've had in a while.  I'd love to have one of these when I have somewhere to go or something around here I'm trying to accomplish. 

I found out last week the new date for my disability hearing.  December 10.  Sometime away but at least I now know I'm rescheduled.  



canadian geese ready to dive in
babies with their mother
finished P's blanket
Have a good week.  Weigh in Monday tomorrow.  Not sure what to think.  I had a terrible exercise week.  God Bless, Theresa

Instead of my usual closing phrase I decided for awhile to post some quotes from a fun book I've read several times.  Kisses of Sunshine Every mother should read it.  You'll cry and laugh.



If it was going to be easy to raise kids, it never would have started with something called "labor."


No comments: