Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

7 weeks counting calories



I guess I did jinx myself.  Here I am at 136.5.   A half inch in waist, but no where else. Only a pound less from a week ago.  I really have to stop weighing everyday.  Just a big disappointment that three days in a row your two pounds less and weigh in "for real" and it suddenly goes up.  Slow I'm telling you.  3 pounds in 7 weeks.    I'll keep hanging in there. 

I'm watching the final 6 tonight on AGT.  I can't wait to see you wins tomorrow night.  I have two favorites.  While watching I see commercial for WW's and they are offering no sign up fee again.  Hum...what should I do?

I thought I'd share this indulgent treat I've been having when I have a sweet tooth.  I always have plenty of fruit around.  I love it.  The only difference right now is I am paying attention to how much I am eating each day.  My favorite combination is strawberries, blueberries and pineapple.  1/4 cup of each.  Unsweetened Almond milk. (just enough to cover the bottom, around 1/4 a cup)  I use half a stevia to sweeten up.   Only because the almond milk is unsweetened. Then I add 30 semi sweet chocolate chips and mix all together.  It is delicious!  Really kills a craving for something sweet.  I've used raspberries in place of the strawberries.  They taste great too.  It usually averages out to about 130 calories.




So saddened that there has been another mass shooting.  What will it take to bring this madness to a stop?  People have to continue to fight for more controlled gun laws.  This man was having major problems and people all around him knew it.  Yet he still was able to own the type of weapon he used to murder innocent people.  There has been 6 mass shootings in the past 9 months and at least 20 during Obama's presidency.   I really thought after 20 children were killed in Newtown, Conn we would start to see a change.  Something is wrong here.  Just saying!

My trial has ended with the Galaxy S4.  It's a great phone, just not for me.  It took me around 24 hours to get used to my tiny screen on my iphone again.  Everything is so much smaller.  However, everything is so much simpler too.  I plan on selling it and buying myself the new iphone with the cash.  

The other trial I have myself involved in started yesterday.  It runs for 21 days.  I had to install an application on my phone to document some things about television programs I watch durning prime time.  It's very simple, easy and not time consuming at all.  Definitely worth 100 bucks!  If you forget, it even reminds you!

The pool is still staying nice and warm.  It was 96 when I swam this afternoon.  I can't tell you how much I enjoy being able to get my exercise this way.  It takes a pain pill an hour before and a lot of stretching and cream on my back when I'm done, but it is so worth it.  Oh yes, and my stimulator cranked up to HIGH!  It beats hurting entire through the entire exercise whatever that might be.  Riding the recumbent bike or walking.  At least in the pool the pain comes later so I am able to get some good exercise in while I am in the water. 

P taking care of A's baby :-)
He's going to be a helping big brother!

A visit everyday.  P was fascinated. 

Enjoy the rest of your week.  
Full of H.O.P.E.
Theresa




CHOICES

If you want to be rich...GIVE
IF you want to be poor...GRASP
If you want abundance...SCATTER
If you want to be needy...HOARD!

John Lawrence



No comments: