Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Saturday, September 14, 2013

It's that time again!

On Oct 12th of last year I had a guest post by my daughter.  She had participated in the Alumni week end with Tiger Band.  She wrote a post about her experience being with the band again. Unwilling at first but enjoyed it in the end.(writing) Today was a great day.  It was that week end again and I was able to go this time.  D and I drove to LSU this morning and meet up with my son in law and grandson.  




We were able to sit on the field to watch and listen while the alumni practiced alone.  They sounded great!  My daughter told us she hadn't played the piccolo since lasts year alumni game.  When they moved on to practicing with the rest of Tiger Band we went up stairs to watch.  It was just like old times when we went every home game to watch them practice.  It doesn't matter how many times you hear them march on the field and play it gives you goose bumps. 

I was so happy to be there to see my grandson be out at LSU for the first time and see his mommy march with the "Big Band"  He was a little nervous at first.  It was so loud and we were up high on the observation deck. At first I don't think he knew what to do with himself.  All and all I think he enjoyed it after all. 



After rehearsal was over we went down to see mom for a little bit and take a few pictures.  Then P left with Poppa and I while mom and dad stayed around to tailgate and have fun at the game. 




That amount of time was just enough for me. I had kind of stumbled coming in the door and jarred my self trying not to fall.  That along with climbing the stair case did me in.  When we got home we had lunch then P asked to watch a movie.  Guess what Nonna did?  Lay down and rest while he was watching the movie.  It was just what I needed to be able to go some more.  

P's Maw Maw came to get him later in the day to go to his cousin's birthday party.  I decided to try and get up enough strength to go exercise in the pool.  The solar blanket is working great.  It was only in the 80's today and the water was 96 and comfortable.  As hard as it was I felt better when I was done. 

I'll be around Tuesday for weight in.  I don't want to jinx myself but if nothing changes from weighing this am I'll be a happy camper.  See you around on Tuesday :-)

One more thing.  I noticed the strangest thing happened.  I have a post missing.  The one I typed on my sons birthday.  It is so strange how it just wasn't there anymore when I signed in to blog.  Very strange...Not sure I can go back and type the same thing over again.  May have to wait until it is his birthday again.  

Full of H.O.P.E.
Theresa

No comments: