Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Finally in the pool :D


A friend of mine told me about this refreshing flavored water.  Its called ICE.  Found at your local Wal Mart.  I'm not a fan of flavored water but it's carbonated and comes in great flavors.  When your tired of water or having that special snack that you like something carbonated with this is a great choice.  Zero's all the way down the nutrition facts.  Even sodium.  Most diet drinks have a lot of sodium.  Just thought I'd pass it along.  The orange is my favorite.  It taste like diet sunkist to me, which I love so this is a better choice.  I do think they are pricy.  $1 a bottle.  I just keep a few a week in the fridge for when I'm wanting something special.

A few days ago I tried making zucchini chips.  It was a small zucchini and I sliced it quarter size slices as recipe recommended.  They were so small the turned out like little burnt zucchini crisps.  I still ate them.  I liked them crispy!
Today I gave it another try with a larger zucchini and cut some thicker so D could enjoy some.  I don't like soft mushy foods so I new I wouldn't like them to thick because the would be soggy.  This way didn't go well either because the thin ones obviously were crispy before thicker ones were done.  So next time I'll make a batch for me and D his own.  Very tasty and of course the most important think 0 points!
Before
After


Not much else going on this week end around here but pool work.  My husband worked his butt off all week end, including Friday that he took off, trying to start getting our yard back in order.  It's a slow process.  He did a lot but it was hard labor and you couldn't really tell from looking out there.  His doing his best to get what he can done while the rain is away.  We're planning to do the deck Saturday so there is much to be done before they start. We did take time twice yesterday to get in the pool and enjoy.  

Our second time in my grandson was here.  P had a great time in the pool with Nonna and Poppa.  He laughed and played with us.  Kept us entertained the entire time.  

I overdid it and felt it this morning.  Obviously I have more mobility in the pool so after swimming some laps I did a lot of stretching that they did with me in aquatic therapy.  I woke up this morning barely able to move.  Everything sore and hurting.  I managed to push my self to go walk to get some blood flowing in my back thinking it would help.  My pace was slow and after a mile I had to quit.  I pushed myself to get that out.  I got back in the pool today but just to relax and enjoy and walk around laps.  No swimming laps or stretching.  One day at a time.  D definitely enjoyed when he would take a break to be able to get in pool and cool off.  

Weigh in tomorrow.  Anxious to see the scale.  Not sure if any more pounds came off but I wore something this week end that I haven't been able to wear so at least things are moving around.  That keeps me going.  Check in tomorrow.  Peace everyone.

Our pretty green grass before starting

getting started

Step one

step 2

base down, then rain delay

walls going up

liner installation 

starting to fill

outside view

one hour late barely covering bottom

big water bill!  It's full yeah!
My hard working man <3

the nerd swimmer, lol

No comments: