Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Weigh in :-/ week 5


This picture is starting to get old I'm sure.  Been the same for last few weeks.  I'm stuck on that weight. UGH.....There is a little encouragement still.  Another inch off waist and 1/2 of hips.  Still bugs me why the numbers won't move.  I'll keep hanging in there and keep on trying on clothes I'm getting into.  That also makes me keep going.

The new medication my new psychologist started me on is Viibryd.  It is for depression but also for anxiety which is just as big a deal for me than the depression.  We did 10 mg for a week now up to 20.  A few side effects but they are slowly getting better.  She asked me to do a genetic test that shows what medications will work best for you.  Turns out my results said Viibryd is great for me.  Some of the others I've taken in the past that didn't work, we now see why.  It showed on test.  I think every insurance co should cover that so patients don't have to go through 4-5 medications before they find the one that works for them.  Hopefully, this one will continue to work for me and I can stop switching.  I have a pharmacy in my medicine cabinet.  This genetic testing also shows if the medication will cause you to gain weight or not and the Viibryd does not.  I'm beginning to wonder?

Got in the pool again yesterday.  I really have to control myself with this swimming.  I feel so good in the water I think I'm Wonder Woman.  I decided to swim laps for 30 minutes because that is how long I walk for so I could compare the activity points you get for lap swimming.  On WW's online they list every activity you could think of to give yourself credit for burning calories.  Anyway I wore out at 25 minutes. Couldn't squeeze another 5 minutes.  That was 32 laps.  A lap being across and back =1.
30 minutes out of the pool and I was crying.  I guess I need to slow it down and keep to stretching and some brisk walking and build up to the lap swimming.  It just feels so good to do something without hurting, but it comes after so I'm not doing myself much good.

Busy week ahead.  I'll be watching baby C Thursday and Friday.  Saturday we'll have family helping my husband with the building of the deck.  Sunday we'll have a small gathering for A.  Her birthday was Monday.  3 years old now :-D  Hopefully I'll get a post in somewhere.  I'll just have to see how it goes.  

Have a great week.  Pain free is my prayer for everyone.



Poppa and P



2 comments:

Have You Cake~On The Lighter Side said...

I'm about to bake Aubrey's cake.....you try to control yourself in the pool friend.

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

I was so glad to see another follower! But now one has left. JS