Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

What will this week bring?

I gave birth to it :-(



What a week end.  D worked in the yard everyday after work to get ready for Saturday when he had help coming.  He had everything framed up and ready to go to get going on the deck.  As usual the evening before I was pretty apprehensive about having guests. Over night guests at that. For one thing it rained from around 7pm until 10 so everything was soaked all over again. So my OCD was kicking in about brining mud into the house. Secondly I just never know from day to day when I get up what I will feel like.  This past week has not been one of my better weeks.  More bad days than good. Which meant less exercise.  Which means I'm not sure what to expect on the scale tomorrow.

I know I wasn't the best hostess to my company.  Watching everyone work out side and I mostly inside was hard.  I had to fight the blues.  I used to be outside doing what everyone else can do.  I look like I can do anything if you just look at me.  I'd go out every now and then but felt pretty useless just standing around watching.  A one point I pull out my antigravity chair but felt bad to be sitting around while they were working so hard.  Even D's sister jumped in often when they needed another pair of hands for leverage. 
Getting ready


tarp necessary for shade and rain cover

you go girl, what a team

We had to make them stop for lunch and they ate outside working with the sub in hand.  Sister in law and I ate inside and visited a bit so I had a minute to sit down and relax.  I just hated being left out so bad I tried to hang with them all day and it simply wore me out.  Silly huh?  Doing nothing, absolutely nothing made my back hurt so bad. About an hour before we had dinner my sister in law, her niece and myself decided to get int the pool for a while.  Kind of felt guilty since the men were still working.  We cut up with D's niece quite a bit and I know that has something to do with my back pain today.  A little to much movement.  It started drizzling so our clue to get out and get food ordered for dinner.

Right before we ordered food it started to rain a good bit.  Enough so we scrambled around picking up all the electric tools feeling it wasn't safe.  They continued to work with the last boards they had to do, even in the rain.  Determination I tell you! We ordered the food and had a hard time getting the guys to stop.  They were so glad to sit down to a good meal and a cold beer.  Great food from Mason's Grill.  We love that place.

This morning I heard everyone moving around and I was hurting everywhere.  I stumble down the hall and get stares from everyone.  Brother in law asks about why I'm moving so slow.  I'm sure he was thinking, "uh, D and I should be moving like you"  I told him this is every morning.  For some reason after I'm in bed all night I have the toughest time to make my body move the first hours or so.  I told him ask me again after all my meds kick in.  He laughed.  Then D said, yeah. That's what I do, stand back until her meds kick in.  Unfortunately today was one of those days that the meds never kicked in.  The stimulator either.  I made myself go out after our family left to take care of getting gas, (we have a storm heading our way if you haven't heard) because I know the lines and the prices will grow over next few days.  I managed to get a few clothes washed but mostly resting trying to control this flare up.

D of course spent another day outside.  Some small areas around edge of the pool were still left.  The ladder had to be put together and installed.  I love it!  It hangs straight down so it doesn't interfere with swimming laps around the edge of pool.  He got in the pool a couple of times.  I would watch him and wanted to so bad but thought I couldn't drag it out of myself.  I did though.  I really wanted to try out the ladder and run the vacuum to make sure pool was clean.  Having a guest to tomorrow to visit.  A long time dear friend.  We'll swim and just lounge around.  Good day to do it because after tomorrow we may not see much sun for awhile.

Isaac seems to be heading our way.  Our Governor has declared state of emergency.  I watched Weather Channel most of the day while resting and doing laundry.  Just since we headed off to bed last night and checked in this morning changes had happened.  We're all praying this storm stays far east as it can.  I keep thinking, what do we need?  I can't think of anything.  There has to be something.  D agrees.  We're good.  He has gas for generator if needed and both automobiles are tanked up.  Wow, just something else for me to be anxious about.

Tuesday is my disability hearing.  Of course I'm wondering how the storm will effect this.  All the lower parish state offices have been closed for until farther notice.  If by Tuesday they close federal offices, there goes my hearing.  Seems a little selfish, but it's been a long wait and I'm clueless as to what will happen if delayed.  I just want it to be over, I'm so nervous about it.  

I'll check in tomorrow with my weight for the week and an update on what LA is up against with Isaac.  Lets pray it doesn't cause any more deaths than it already has.  Predicting to land near New Orleans around 7 Wednesday night.  The longer in the gulf the more things change.  I hope to get up and find that darn thing just made a turn for the east but this is unlikely.  

Gustav left us without electricity for two weeks.  The neighborhood we lived in at the time had plenty of old big trees with power lines every where.  Here everything is underground so we're hoping if we do loose power it won't be anything like the past.  

Be safe everyone and make sure if you are here where I am your prepared with everything you need.  Medicines, important documents.  If you are a sick or pain patient you want to check NOW that you have enough medications to last a week.  Food for a week and some bottled or gallon water.  I've just seen on the news that some stations in Baton Rouge ran out of gas today.  So glad I pushed myself to go out this morning when I really wasn't feeling up to it. 


Awe...sweet

Dallas loves the deck.

In for a swim

right before dark

today, installing ladder

nice and clean for my company tomorrow

He thinks this was built for him :-D

No comments: