Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, August 27, 2012

WW's weigh in & anxious Monday


What a positive start to the day.  Another 2.5 pounds.  I'm at 7.5 now.  4 inches.  When I entered my weight and measurements this morning it said, "I was loosing to fast at an unhealthy pace" What? Are you kidding me?  Seriously, I started July 9th.  That makes 7 weeks.  Averages out to a pound a week.  I would assume that's a good pace.  Oh well, this is my big happy today.  Every other thing going on I'm anxious and nervous about.  Can't seem to even sit still this morning.  

I'm waiting on pins and needles for a phone call on decision if hearing  scheduled for tomorrow will still happen.  My prayer is they close at noon.  (my hearing is at 10:30)  Obviously I wouldn't want anyone to be in danger or not be able to care for their own family.  I mean if it is still safe to be out tomorrow in the morning I hope they a least do some of the cases in the am.  It's not up to me though, and I need to stop worrying about it.

Then there is this storm coming.  What to expect?  Who knows?  That's how a hurricane is.  It can blow over and shock everyone and we'll say, "thats it"  "thats all you got?"  I remember one like that just can't remember the name.  It was right after Katrina when we were all still nervous and fearful of another hurricane to battle.  

I started writing this in the morning waiting for my friend to get here.  We planned on hanging out by and or in the pool, lunch then some more lounging around.  She was running a little late so that's when I decided to get started on my blog for today.  She got here around 12:30.  We watched a little of the updates on Isaac,  chatted a little and she shared some pictures of her cute little grandson.  He just had his first birthday.  

We headed outside around 1 something and as we were getting ready to get in the pool my cell rang.  It was my caseworker.  I knew right away from the sound of her voice.  There was no hiding it.  She said, "I'm sorry, it's been cancelled"  No clue or answer as to when it will be rescheduled.  I'm not the only one.  Others effected too.  I've just waited so long and I REALLY need this to be over.  Dumb storm.  Ok, I'm over it.  I'm going to enjoy my afternoon.  The calm before the storm.

Enjoy we did.  We didn't get out of the pool until 5:30.  My husband came home and we were thinking gosh what time is it?  He said he was just letting us know he was home and was heading right back out to try for C batteries and more gas.  (some stations sold out)
He was impressed with the umbrella my friend brought over to use to stay in shade in the pool.  It's portable and you get a reasonable amount of shade from it.  She's my crafty friend.  She can make something awesome from a sheet of paper, lol.   It's meant to be bolted down and it was pretty breezy by the pool.  We knew it would topple over for sure.  If you look real close you'll see she carried 2-30pound bags of sand up onto deck to weight it down.  I was thinking in my head, she's going through a lot of trouble for this shade. 


cantilever  umbrella
After it was all stable and open I realized how nice it was.  Her grandson was going to come for a short time with mommy, but didn't,  and swim.  It would have been great for him also.  I think we will have to invest in one.  Very nice.  Matched perfect with our antigravity chairs!!  She bought it to provide shade over her swing she never sits in.....that now she will sit in because it will have shade :-D  Leave it to this friend to load this thing in her car and haul it over here and set it up.  It was soooo worth it.  We had the best time.  No worries.  No interruptions.  No watches or clocks to check.  It just didn't cross our minds what time it was.  That's my kind of friend visit.  It was a long time coming.

provides large area of shade
We caught up on a lot.  I wouldn't say everything, but we put a big dent in it.  I haven't laughed that much in a while.  Thank you L.  <3  She is off on Mondays.  I have one a month.  We're considering making it a standing date.  I still can't believe we stayed in the pool for 4 hours. Taking care of ME!  Like I said, the Calm Before the Storm.  Tomorrow morning, we won't feel so relaxed and free to just float around and have fun with no time restraint.  

Take care everyone.  If your in the area of storm we will start to see the effects tomorrow afternoon.  If we keep electricity I'll keep you posted.  If not, I'll see you when I see you.
D got most of things in yard picked up this evening.  We just have to work on our plants in the morning.  If you don't have to go out, please don't.  Especially after tomorrow night.  Stay put and enjoy some family time.  I have to go now and check on my mother.  Her area may be hit even harder than us.  

God bless and hope your pain free.  

1 comment:

Have You Cake~On The Lighter Side said...

All things happen for a reason Mrs T. Remember that God's timing is perfect. Love you friend. Be safe. BTW I hate you're authorization thingy....lol J/S