Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, August 20, 2012

The Good and the Bad

So we'll start with the good.  142 Finally I move on the scale in addition to measurements.  This was a great Monday to see this.  I needed this encouragement to help me through this week. Total now 5.5  Last week I used more points than I've ever used and had birthday cake Sunday for my grand daughters birthday.  So I was a little nervous.  Obviously the birthday was the other good.  It was nice to have a visit with her.  I hadn't seen her in 6 weeks.

Her visit with us was quite fun, but the weather was not.  The drive to pick her up and return home was in terrible weather, going and coming.  When we made it back to my house she asked, "Nonna, can't you make this rain stop?"  She wanted to swim in the new pool.  The pool that was filling to the brim with rain water.  Constant from the time we got up in the morning to that evening.  At one point it did stop.  D checked the radar and figured here was our shot.  We suited up and got in.  She loved it.  A little scared at first but before we got out she was letting go of me and floating on the noodle.  Fifteen minutes at most and it started to shower again.  At first we just ignored because there was no thunder or lightening but it turned from a drizzle to hard shower and forced us out.

After that she was broken in and kept asking the rest of the evening/night and first thing when she opened her eyes Sunday morning.  Like a kid at Christmas.   Nonna, can I go swimming now?  When I told her it was raining I don't think she believed me she had to run to the door to see.  Such a sad face.  She quickly forgot as we talked about getting ready for family coming to celebrate her belated birthday.  We tried on some dresses and took some pictures.  Little stinker shocked me a time or two by surprising me with her tongue out.




On with the bad....You know how just last week I was bragging how I haven't had to call on Mr. R or Lovely in 3 weeks.  I guess I jinxed myself.  Saturday morning for no apparent reason at all I get up to find the program I had on the night before is really strange.  No coverage around my back at all and this tight rope feeling right above waist and right below bra area pulling very hard.  Well, no problem I was thinking.  You have 11, just move onto another.  This went on for 20 minutes until I was crying and my poor husband was surly thinking, "what now?".  Every one was the same.  I seriously have no idea what would make everyone change at the same time.  None of them are covering my back.  I'm so annoyed and discouraged.  I'm swearing by the stimulator now.  Without it, I truly know how much it is helping me.  

I'm texting right away to Mr. R and Lovely for help.  The only thing I can think of is a positive and a negative.  The positive-maybe some new scar tissue developing.  Just time to reprogram and this is a good thing.  The negative-maybe my swimming messed everything up?  I sure hope I didn't slip a lead out of place.  This would be terrible.  I always think of the terrible things.  You know, if I didn't know about them then I'd be more likely not to think of them.  But I do know and I'll have to wait until Wednesday to see Mr. R so I'm dealing with it the best I can.

The first way is Increasing the pain medicine.  This is depressing when you'd dropped down to such a low dose.  It  stops you up.  My body has to get used to it all over again and I just simply hate the way it makes me feel.  Lazy, lethargic.  Not to the point I could lay down and sleep of course.  Just enough to drain all my energy.  Secondly just excepting some stimulation somewhere else, (a few I can stand), to get me to Wednesday.  

The next bad was during the opening of presents I was standing behind Aubrey and wanted to get between her and P for a picture.  Somehow I lost my footing and feel back against the wall.  It couldn't just be against the FLAT wall.  I had to make it dramatic and fall right on the corner where the window starts.  That corner hit right on my left butt cheek.  I did everything just right, fall in the right place on the wall and on the right side of my body, which is the left.  lol.  If felt as though someone had slammed a hammer into my battery site.  I was beside myself with pain.  Thank goodness it subsided in a short amount of time. (the throbbing).  I'm wondering how long will this continue to be such a danger zone?  I would think at three months it wouldn't still be so tender.  Now back to square one.  I just got over it being sore or bruised from a month ago.  Last night was so uncomfortable between no stimulator and rolling over my bruised battery site.

Thank you Ms. Karen for the beautiful barbie cake.  I know A just loved it.  She was so amazed by the fact that a barbie was inside of her cake.  Here is proof in this picture.
Btw, don't loose her other half please.  LOL



The last bad is the deck had to be postponed with all the rain.  The back yard had just dried out about mid week and not it's all muddy again.  No deck building in that mess.  We'll try again next week.

I really need to start drinking.  I have a pool.  I could learn some delicious cocktails to lounge around and drink in the pool.  Guess that could be dangerous?  Not to good on WW's points either.  

God is good.  This week will get better.  My husband always hugs me and says, which side?  I think he should have it by now.  Another fellow blogger always closes Gentle hugs.  That's what I need again.  Gentle hugs.

I can't leave you without a picture of P trying to walk in Ms. K's high heel shoes.  That's my boy.....



No comments: