Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Weigh in Monday


It feels like fall in the air, and in the stores.  As soon as the kids go back to school it seems like the holidays just sneak on in without enough time.  One holiday following another.  Speaking of holidays Happy Columbus Day. 

I had every intention on a post this week end but my week end didn't go as planned.  For sure my Sunday didn't.  Today either.  Friday evening I watched P for my daughter and son in law so they could go out to dinner for their anniversary.  Their anniversary was on Sunday but Sunday was going to be to busy day for them.

My son had his daughter, A for the week end.  I hoped for him it would be special and great for him being it has been so long since they've spent time together.  Friday when they got here she wasn't interested in eating some her favorites.  That's not normal for her.  She usually eats any time and anything. Shorty after I discovered why.  She had an obvious upset stomach.  The entire time she was here with P she was pretty quite and without too much information made several trips to the bathroom.  When they left I sent a bag incase it wasn't over.  I heard from my daughter later on that they had another episode on the way home so glad I had sent something.  She slept through the night and the next morning was hungry and talking about going to the party so we felt pretty sure it was over.  Over for her that is.


watching Little Einsteins
On Saturday I went to baby C's birthday party.   I can't believe 8 months have gone by since I first started helping care for her.  My son brought A.  She had a good time.  She really loved baby C and wanted to hold her like she was still a real little baby.  She got to feed the baby ducks along with all the other kids.  She ate some of the delicious food they had so I was glad to see she had her appetite back.




After the birthday party my son and granddaughter went back to my daughters house and I went home to watch LSU game with my husband.  Before I went to bed my stomach was bothering me.  I didn't think any thing of it.  Sunday morning when I opened my eyes it was still there but a lot worse.  Within minutes I received a text from my daughter that my son woke up in the middle of the night sick and was still sick that morning.  I don't blame her, but they were ready to get out of house to avoid getting sick.  Problem was he wasn't feeling well enough to drive at the time.  I knew if he felt anything like I did just moving was painful.

It was such a wasted day.  I was so sick I couldn't take any of my medications and laying in the bed all day really aggravated my back.  I moved from bed to bed and to the couch trying to get comfortable somehow.  It was an awful bug.  Don't remember being that sick in a while.  I had a bite of banana in the am and on and off I tired some sips of water or Fresca but my stomach couldn't handle it.  It was a long miserable day and night.  I was still awake at 3am.  Partly because I didn't have my medications, one helps me get to sleep and also the monster in my stomach was determined to keep me uncomfortable.  I haven't had a virus in sometime so I forgot how awful it can make you feel.  

Which brings us to today.  When my husband left I had only been sleeping a couple of hours so I moved to our bed to see if I felt better there. I was trying to keep him from getting sick.  I slept for another hour and then decided to get up and move around and see how I feel.  Even though there was nothing left in me, I felt, so I still got sick twice before I tried a piece of toast.  Thank goodness I did ok with that.  Then I braved a second piece a couple hours later.  It's 3:15 nausea gone, stomach cramps gone just still really weak and like I've been run over my a bus.  It's getting better every hour that goes by thank goodness. Although another waisted day.


I did stand up long enough this morning to do my weigh in.  I don't think it could possibly be accurate.  That would be 6 pounds since last week.  Nope, I've only lost 2 per week at most.  When I entered in the Weight Watchers plan on line it told me I was now an unhealthy weight.  Matter of fact it increased my daily points so I guess they want me to eat more.  I wanted my goal set for 130 when I started but it wouldn't let me set lower than 132.  Guess thats why I got the warning.  If there is anything unhealthy about it, it's how I got there.  My stomach has was empty for 24 hours so I'm sure we'll see next weeks number up a few.  

I don't know if anyone watched the revised Steel Magnolias on Lifetime.  It was great.  Very funny.  It sounds as if they will be repeating a lot so catch it if you can.  

I contacted Lovely last week to try and meet up with her soon.  I'm not getting much use from my stimulator right now.  It's all out of sync again, not coving where I need it.  The few that are it pinches somewhere that makes it to uncomfortable.  She said she let me know if she comes to BR.  If I'm free, hopefully I can see her.  

That's it for today.  I hope to post a little more this week than last but we'll see.  Btw, sorry B & M I was so sick on Sunday it completely slipped my mind about your anniversary.  Sorry you didn't hear from me.  

Wishing everyone a great week...Theresa

Parents spend two years teaching children to walk and talk and eighteen years trying to get them to sit down and be quiet.  Ted Engstrom

No comments: