Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, October 15, 2012

Weigh in Monday


Happy Monday everyone.  My day was fair.  I'm trying to stick to my promise to myself of good day or bad day no complaints behind.  It's a long day when I'm caring for baby C.  11 hours.  I leave my house at 6:30 and return home at 5:40.  Not complaining.  Even though it's tough I want to hang in as long as I can.  Being useful keeps me going.  The excitement and thank you's I receive make the pain a little easier.  Today baby C decided to pull herself up on a folding chair and then proceeded to start pushing it.  She didn't even realize at first what she was doing.  I reached for the iphone and got a short clip for mom and dad to see.  They were amazed.  Isn't technology amazing? That's why even though it can really be touch for me, moments like that make it all worth while.  Mom and Dad not missing out and knowing just what their baby girl is up to.

The other things she surprised me with is.....you won't believe this but I swear on my stimulator it's true.  She woke up from her nap with a dry diaper which is very unusual so I decided to sit her on the big potty.  No training potty at this time because who was thinking we'd need one yet.  Anyway, I sat pushed to the back and sat her in front of me.  Of course she was in the best mood in the world because she just woke up so she didn't mind sitting a few seconds.  What do you know.  I hear it hitting the water.  Woo hoo I told her.  You just made pee pee in the potty for the first time.  Mom and dad have to hear about this.  I really think she understood what she had done because she kept clapping and was so excited.

When I drug myself out of bed this morning I almost forgot to weigh in.  Yesterday was a VERY emotional day for me.  It started out wonderful but ended sadly.  I went to bed crying and was awake for hours.  No sleep really effects my back pain also.  Remember last week I figured my sudden drop in weight must have to do with the bug I had on Sunday/Monday.  Low and behold it only went up 1 pound.  I couldn't believe it.  I reweighed a second time to be sure.  I'm afraid stress has something to do with it.  Not a good way to loose weight.  I'd rather do it normal.  Exercise limited last week and even less this week so I have to stick to eating well.



Who's watching dancing with the Stars?  This is the first season I've ever watched.  Kind of wish I would have watched previously.  I love it.  Makes me really want to go back to dance classes.  My husband and I started classes in the fall of 2010 but after only 3 sessions had to stop because my back had went into a huge flair up that i never recovered from.   We met some great people and made new friends there.  It's fun, relaxing and great exercise.  I called them recently to make sure we could still come back if I get to that point.  We had bought a membership instead of paying corse by corse.  I am looking forward to the day when we can return.

Subject change.  I've been researching vacuums.  Mine is old and heavy.  I love that it's bag less.  It still works great.  The problem is that it is 13 years old and it's getting hard to get replacement filters.  It's really hard for me to handle too.  When D is home he usually gets it out and picks it up when I'm done. It's the pull time and it drives me nuts anytime I stop for something and lean the wand against the wall, chair or other furniture it always ends up falling down so I'm squatting down to pick it up.   Have you seen the commercial for the new dyson?  Lightweight...just what I need.  Floor or carpet.....just what I need.  NO cords!! Just what I want.  I hate tripping all around the cord.  We're still thinking but I'm really liking this one more and more as I research it.  Not many reviews because it's so new.  Tell me what you thinK?  Below is link to the dyson page with the particular model on it.  The DC44 animal.

http://www.dyson.com/vacuums/digitalslim/dc44.aspx


Don't let criticism go to your heart and don't let compliments go to your head.


No comments: