Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Crock Pot Day

Only in Louisiana are you using heater on a Friday, air conditioner over the weekend then heater again on Monday morning.
Not to mention it's still raining, along with the cold. Even when it's not a down pour there is this nasty mist hanging around. That equals bad day instead of good day.  

I planned to go to the store yesterday but kept putting it off because I was waiting on the weather to clear up.  Not...never happened.  So today I set off first thing before the rain could start and picked up some ingredients to do some crock pot cooking. I figured since crock pot is so easy I'd do two.  Why not?  Don't you just love when dinner is ready when its time to eat?  I also love having something to eat the rest of the week with out cooking again.

Broccoli Cheddar Soup and Crock Pot Orange chicken.  Oh my goodness that one smells so good!  The Orange chicken came from Pinterest and couldn't tell you where the Broccoli soup came from.  I saw several on Pinterest but most were to rich and heavy for me.  I even made a few changes with this one. I'll let you know how they both turn out.

I have therapy this afternoon with my LCSW.  I plan to bake some oatmeal banana muffins when I get back.  Recipe seems to be healthy with no eggs and flour.  That's a lot of preparing and standing for a period of time for me.  I'm sure your wondering why I'm so excited about having two meals prepared and something for breakfast.  I don't do a lot of cooking any more unless its something I can put on and leave or something quick and easy to fix.  If I have to stand over stove and baby sit it not happening.  

No word from my son since January 3rd.  I text him everyday but no replies.  I know he is in a really dark deep place to not even be in touch with his family and especially his daughter.  It's getting harder and harder to explain things to her.  She's very bright and starting to understand something isn't right with her daddy.  She's even stopped asking when she is here where is and if she will see him. She used to ask every time on our way to my home if she would see him.  Now she only says her daddy lives in Baton Rouge huh?  It's like she knows she isn't going to see him.  

Whatever is keeping him from us and his daughter must have a big hold over him to shut us all out.  We've all put forth offers for help, advise someone to talk to. I feel like he is at rock bottom but apparently he's not.  I'd just like to know he is ok.  I'd also give anything for him to be strong enough to talk to his daughter when she wants to talk with him.  He says he can't handle it.  Nothing I can do or say will make him understand how important this time in her life is and how much she loves, need and want's to spend time with him.  That alone should be enough for him to seek help. I continue along with the rest of my family to pray for him, his daughter and their family.

In sadness searching for joy


 The things you take for granted someone else is praying for.

No comments: