Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Stronger

It has been so nice to see some sunshine stay around for several days.  Even better that it's been a little warmer.  On Sunday I decided to try and cook for several nights.  Made a pot of chili and my husband grilled so that gave me food for several nights this week.  I also made some egg muffins from a pinterest post.  I'm not taking credit, just sharing for any reader who don't follow pinterest.  I changed it up a little but for the most part everything the is same.  I'm trying to get some protein in for breakfast because I'm always hungry again an hour after eating.  Which is usually cereal or toast and then later some yogurt.  Before lunch time I'm starving again.  These taste great and very filling.  The pinner said two are good for her.  I agree.  Stays good in refrigerator for a week.

Started with a dozen eggs.  Added a little spice (optional).  The recipe calls for the eggs, cheese and green onions as a must.  Meat optional.  I decided to add turkey sausage.  That went in first then I added the cheese and green onion.  I realized after that they had added cheese to beaten eggs but I don't see that it made a difference.  


Then pour your egg to fill 3/4 of muffin cup.   Stir each one a little to mix ingredients with a fork.  Recipe said optional to add some half and half to egg mixture.  I chose not to but plan to try next time.  You can also choose anything that's a favorite instead of the sausage.
veggies...bell peppers, zucchini, broccoli etc. 
Ready for the oven.  I had some egg mix left so I put left over into a muffin pan that makes large muffins.  I made two like that.  In that case, one will be fine for breakfast instead of two small.  (my opinion) Make sure to put your eggs into large measuring cup or bowl with a pour spout to simplify things.  375 for 25-30 minutes.


and here they are
I followed instructions and after cooling put two each in ziplock and store in refrigerator.  Of course I had to sample a warm one.  The next day heated in microwave they tasted just as good.  I did find the large ones heat better if you break in the middle before heating.  So tasty and easy.  I also did some oatmeal cookies using no flour or butter method.  Also all over pinterest.  I used bananas, applesauce and almond milk in place.  Also added cranberries instead of raisons because that's what I prefer.  They had a different texture but taste great.   I don't feel so guilty having these!

My granddaughter is in the hospital with RSV pneumonia.  Poor thing just can't stay away from being sick.  She just recovered from bronchitis earlier this month.  Under the circumstances she has been a great patient I hear.  Maw Maw and mom have been keeping me posted.  


We still have not talked to her daddy.  For peace of mind and mainly because he NEEDS to know his daughter and his dad is sick I had to take drastic measures to find out why he is not responding.  For the last three days his phone has been going straight to voice mail and the carrier let us know no calls went out or in since these last four days.  I talked to a couple of his friends over the week end.  They haven't seen him.  I reported him missing so at least I will know he is ok.  If he doesn't want to talk to us that's fine but we need to know.  If something is wrong, I need to know that too.  He is deeply depressed so that alone is enough for me to think the worst.  He's has a lot of prayers going out for him.  I get up, go through another day and be thankful no bad news came and take the next day as it comes.  Same way I deal with this chronic back condition I deal with.

On a good note my psychologist moved me to every three months instead of every month.  I'm excited to have one less appointment in a month.  Next Tuesday I see Mr. R  for another try at reprogramming.  So many people who have a stimulator go to their doctor frustrated with it not working but they haven't seen their rep for adjustments.  I have it documented every time I've met with Mr. R and Lovely so he can't say that I haven't tried.  

Martha, please let me know what happened with your appointment.  I'm praying that it wasn't what you were thinking.  

Seems like every day I hear a song that even though I've heard it many times before but that day I hear it so differently.  Like it's being sung just for me this time.  Music is so much like prayer for me.  That night I text the words to my son because it fit for him too.  I've text him every day or night since Jan 3.  I have no way to know if he is even seeing or reading them.

"Stronger"


Hey, heard you were up all night
Thinking about how your world ain't right
And you wonder if things will ever get better
And you're asking why is it always raining on you
When all you want is just a little good news
Instead of standing there stuck out in the weather

Oh, don't hang your head
It's gonna end
God's right there
Even if it's hard to see Him
I promise you that He still cares

[Chorus:]
When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
And things can only get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger
Gonna make you stronger, stronger, stronger
Believe me, this is gonna make you Stronger

Try and do the best you can
Hold on and let Him hold your hand
And go on and fall into the arms of Jesus
Oh, lift your head it's gonna end
God's right there
Even when you just can't feel Him
I promise you that He still cares

[Chorus]

'Cause if He started this work in your life
He will be faithful to complete it
If only you believe it
He knows how much it hurts
And I'm sure that He's gonna help you get through this

When the waves are taking you under
Hold on just a little bit longer
He knows that this is gonna make you stronger, stronger
The pain ain't gonna last forever
In time it's gonna get better
Believe me
This is gonna make you stronger

Pain is inevitable, but misery is optional.  We cannot avoid pain, but we can avoid joy.  Tim Hansel

1 comment:

Donana said...

I pray the baby is well soon and your son contacts you if nothing more than to let you know he is ok. We all need that piece of mind about our children and almost emotionally impossible when we don't.
Thinking of you dear friend,
Donna