Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Saturday, January 12, 2013

New Year....more appointments

I've put off making some appointments until after the holidays passed.  I didn't do myself any favors because that just made more for this first quarter.  I've been dreading going to see my PM doctor with the troubles I've been having with my stimulator.  Why?  Because I know what he will have to say.  How?  Because my rep from St. Jude has prepared me.  I also know what I heard the day I went for the x ray back in October.  I have to do it though.  I can't continue to let this frustrate me.  I have a VERY expensive devise implanted in me that's not helping like it should and I'm not sure I'm willing to do either of the options he will give me.  Mr R is willing to try and work with me some more but I think we are beyond that point.

It was a yucky day today.  Still raining.  We all thought it was supposed to end yesterday and it's still hanging around, with more yet to come.  It was also yucky because I finally put the last of the money in the envelope to pay for the darn ticket I got in November.  Went to the bank and got the money order and sent it off in the mail.  Hated every minuted of it too!  Done get over it. lol  I made the appointment with my PM doctor.  Not until February. Ok by me I'm not in a hurry to see him.  I also scheduled my follow up appointment with the gastroenterologist.  It's on the 22nd, same day I have my monthly appointment with my psychologist.  I like that though, getting two over in one day.  

I still need to make two other appointments.  March is when I'm due for my yearly check with my dermatologist. Have to be cleared because of previous melanoma.  I'm a couple a months behind for the female one we all dread.   When I make that one I will go ahead and schedule the mammogram that I'm a couple of years past due for.  To many other things going on the past 2 years to even squeeze that in.  I put off any appointment I could.  I see my rheumatologist in March.  Three times a year.  I don't think there is any month that I don't have to see some sort of doctor.

My daughter brought me a little thank you/souvenir gift.  P had fun giving me the bag and then helping Nonna pull the tissue out.  It was a nice, larger size cup with the lid and straw.
I have one like it but much smaller that I've had a long time.  A long time considering how long people keep up with cups.  I love it.  It's bigger but the bottom is smaller so it fits in your car cup holder.  I've used it every day all week.



D finally had enough of me complaining about our dull knives.  For Christmas he got "us" some Guy Feiri knives.  They just happened to match my kitchen.  Red and black, cool.  Then he came up with a great way to keep them sharp.  He put up a magnetic strip so they don't dull in the drawer.   He's always coming up with some great idea around here.  He also got a nice sharpener to sharpen some of our better ones and place with the new ones.



Watching a news program the other day I looked up a couple of web sites they talked about.  Some of you may have seen it.  The segment was about millions of gift cards that are given at Christmas and not used.  This definitely caught my attention because I am so anti gift card.  ( I'm sure I've mentioned this before) 1 in 5 return a gift they get for Christmas.  There are 62 million dollars in unused gift cards a year.  If you get a gift card you won't use there is a web site that will buy it from you.  Really?  Isn't that crazy?  This site will buy a lot of things from you.  You can also shop there.  I checked it out briefly.  Some things are up to an 80% savings. They buy it,  have it tested, overhauled or whatever is appropriate to resale.  Secondipity.com  Maybe you've heard of it.

Another I found interesting is a site that buys clothes from you.  They have strict rules regarding what they will buy.  That's a good thing if you are the person shopping on the site.  All you have to do is go through your kids closet, your closet, dads closet.  You can even look up what they will pay you for it.  They send a bag to your house.  You fill it up with the clothes and drop off at one of the places the pre paid label allows.  That's it.  You sell some clothes and pick up a little cash to buy some new ones.  You can even just take a credit and shop there on their site.  Thredup.com 

One last one.  I didn't investigate this one.  You can do that on your own if you are interested.  It's supposed to like amazon.com. They recycle your old electronic you have laying around in your junk drawer for cash.  Old cell phones, laptops, cameras, video games etc.  Happy shopping!  Nextworth.com 

Hugs to everyone
Theresa
  
   The things you take for granted someone else is praying for. 

No comments: