Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

What's going on....

My stimulator:  Spent some time with Mr. R this morning.  I'm happy to say for the first time in a long time that we had some success.  We added 3 new programs.  I had one that was the best of the 8 that I mostly used.  It was a program that runs for 20 minutes off for 10 then continues that cycle.  He tweaked that one a bit and made some improvements. The three new ones I'm excited about.  2 of them reach the area we've been trying to achieve for months. If I turn it up to high it does get into my stomach. It's very mild and 
nothing like the "pinching" and "zaps". I hope nothing moves.....please stay put and I think we're good for awhile :-)

My granddaughter:  Thank you to everyone who asked about her via emails.  We were all praying for her to fight through this.  It could have been much worse.  I went to stay with her a night in the hospital.  Seemed like I drove forever especially being dark.  I'm not night driver.  I try to avoid if all possible. 
The look on her face when I walked in made it all worth while.  She was starting to look and feel better but if you heard her cough or sat next to her while quite you could hear the nasty stuff in her chest.  She slept well that night and I got to meet her pediatrician the next morning.  She went home that day.
(Thursday)  Her doctor said she was still a sick little girl and needed to stay still and calm.  Activity starts her coughing and wheezing.  Between mom, maw maw and paw paw G they took such good care of her she's doing much better. Her mom text me this morning and said her x ray was clear today!  We are all so relieved she continues to show improvement.  
The day before I went.  A chance to get out of that bed.
doing her treatment <3
My Hives:I'm almost scared to mention that since early October I haven't had any hives! I continue to take the regimen the dermatologist has me on.  I do believe however a previous therapist was wrong about my hives being caused by stress.  If anything I'm under as much or more before the stimulator surgery and I'm hive free.  It may exacerbate them, but not the cause.  In all my research on hives during the three years I dealt with them I read numerous times that when you have chronic hives lasting more than several weeks they are not likely to go away and can last up to 3 years then be in remission.    That's what I believe has happened. The chances are likely they will return sometime during my lifetime. 

My son: no change.  I continue to pray every day.  I've continued to text and or call each day.  Most of the time it goes straight to voice mail.  I do know he is alive, my mom has received some texts from him.  Just a few words and when she tried calling right after or texting right back no answer no return call.  On Saturday he text and said he was going to see her but never showed.  Late Saturday night she received another saying he hadn't slept in 2 nights and was too tired and sleepy, will call tomorrow. (Sunday)  She never heard from him.  I've called the detective on his case but no news.

My anxiety:  A few months back in November I was having some chest pain and trouble breathing.  I saw necessary doctors and the gastroenterologist.  I did get answers from the gastroenterologist about the stomach pain I was having but he did not believe that was causing my chest pain and trouble breathing.  I had an anxiety attach that month but he felt my gastritis was not causing the symptoms.  I've stated several times to my husband that every since I've been on the medicine he prescribed I've been symptom free.  Stomach and chest pain. (started with omeprazole, now nexium) So I really thought it did have something to do with it.  

Last Friday it came back....with a vengeance!  It bothered me all week end and seemed to be better Monday but back again today.  I don't know what to think but I'm starting to believe that just because you don't think your anxious about things it shows in different ways.  I've been having to work hard at controlling my breathing so I don't have an anxiety attack again.  The last one landed me in the ER.  What's weird is it does seem to get worse when I eat.  So much so I've been dreading eating anything to avoid the onset.  I'm not about to schedule another appointment with a different doctor.  I've had 6 already this month. I'll manage.  I think I will email my GP.  She's awesome at getting right back with me.  My appointment with LL (my LCSW) was before my meet with Mr. R and of course we spent the entire time talking about my son.  Some days I feel really strong when I leave and somedays I cry all the way home.  Today was a cry day but I had to get over it quick before reaching the surgery center to meet Mr. R.

Pinterest:  To help keep my mind busy I've been on a kick of making things I see that are simple, easy ingredients, (nothing weird I don't already have around) and aren't to dangerous for gaining my weight back. lol.
Last week I told you about the egg muffins. (see last weeks post)  I loved them so much I made more this Sunday but changed the recipe up a little and used a muffin tin that makes the larger size and made the portion 1 instead of 2.
Skipped the sausage and added red and yellow bell pepper, a bit of half & half and some fat free cheese topped with green onions.  I like these better than the first batch.  That's what it's all about right?  Experimenting?

I tried a different kind of oatmeal cookies that I didn't care for.  Neither did D.  We ate a few but pitched the rest.  Never thought I'd throw out cookies. The first ones were awesome.  Next the mexican pizza.  Mine did't look as great as the picture shown but taste great.   Today I made the "no bake granola bars".  Tasty, but a little messy when eating. Best to keep in the freezer until ready to eat.  They soften quickly.
Mexican Pizza
No bake granola bars
Another busy:  I'm hooked on a new program.  SUITS!  If you watch it I know you love it.  If you do, it's worth taking the time to go back and watch the first 2 seasons.  Season 3 just started two weeks ago.  I talked about it enough that I got B interested and she's finished season one.  From Friday to Monday. I started the week end before that so I'm just as bad because I'm finished with season 2 now.  It's such a long wait from Thursday to Thursday now.  It was pretty cool to just pick up and watch an episode when ever I wanted.  You know what they say, "all good things will come to an end".  Not really the end, just a slow ride now.  I love having something good to watch when I'm charging, which I'm doing now, or riding my recumbent bike.

Enough for today.  Have a great hump day tomorrow.  I pray it will be they day I hear from my son as I've been praying for some time now.  My daughter and A's mom sent me some perfect scriptures for this situation that have been helpful to read every day.  I've gotten through another day and that's all I can ask for each day.

Good night and God Bless


A friend is one who knows you and loves you just the same.  Elbert Hubbard 


No comments: