Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, July 9, 2012

Day 1 of WW

Day one went well. It was a low pain day too! It was a little hard finding the right things to eat because I'm not quite prepared grocery wise yet. I've started a list but the web site is so full of information it can be quite over whelming . At the end of the day I went to the walking track. With my stimulator on high I was able to walk pretty briskly. There are a few places in the path with a small incline. I actually like it as far as pushing myself but my back screams at me to stop I did 30 minutes which earned me some activity points or point? I don't remember for sure.

I can honestly say I'm not going to bed hungry. I don't know what I'm having for breakfast, but ill figure it out in the morning i like having a plan and knowing the day before i have everything i meed You have to have a plan. When you do, you stay on track much better. I'm pretty disciplined as long as I keep the temptations out of my house. I'll have to keep some goodies stashed away where I won't see them so I have something special for my grandkids.

Speaking of, my grocery shopping will wait one more day. P will be coming over to Nonna's instead of daycare tomorrow. Poor little fellow has a terrible infection type rash in a bad area if you know what I mean. It's so uncomfortable for him. He's been back to the doctor twice for it. If it doesn't clear this time he will have to see dermatologist. I'm good as far as getting through my second day. I've already figured out what I can eat for lunch and dinner. Still thinking about breakfast.

I'm not expecting much to happen first week. The last two times I did WW it was week 3 before I started seeing results. Then I had a steady drop every week. I just hope my pain level stays manageable so I can continue to exercise. That really helps things go faster.

I had a long talk with a friend last night. We are both dealing with a similar family issue. When we got off of that subject and was discussing my back she reminded me to try every morning to find something good in my disability. I see it clearly tonight. It means the world to me to help my daughter out so she isn't worried about her precious baby boy while she is at work helping support her family. There were times when I was working I wished so bad I could be there to help with both of my grand children when they needed something. Right now at this time in my life I can. It can be a struggle at times but he's still in good hands and glad to spend time with his Nonna as I feel the same.

GNA have a painless and restful night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO T, THIS IS YOUR MOMS FRIEND JANET...ALLEN AND I WISH U WELL ON THIS JOURNEY..FROM WHAT IM READING THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR YOU..GOOD LUCK ..HUGS TO ALL...

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

Thank you Janet I appreciate your kind words. My mom is dealing with her own battles. She so much stronger than me. I get a lot of my strength from her. Do you still go camping? Hugs back :-)