Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Happy Hump day :-D

Hump day and I'm making it.  Mr. R not available.  Well, sort of. He was if I could see him on Tuesday but I couldn't, prior commitment.  He's out of town rest of week.  He took care of finding someone to see me though.  Lovely will see me on Thursday after my appointment with the psychologist.  It will be a long morning. Both much needed appointments.  If your wondering about Lovely, she saw me once before in place of Mr. R.  I like her so much that's the name I gave her.  I'm looking forward to seeing her, but she has a long drive to see me.  Kind of feel bad about that.  I have to get some better coverage though.  When it's in the right place it really helps.  Especially to walk or ride my recumbent bike.  Right now out of 11 programs I can only use one and I really don't like it.

Good news on the pool.  We're going ahead with buying one.  My husband gets really excited over new projects in the yard.  He is already designing a deck to put around after.  From the word of the pool place it should be delivered and installed sometime around second week of August.  This will be the best exercise of all for me.  For one, I actually enjoy swimming laps.  Second, it's exercise thats pain free.  I can't tell you what that means to me.

Speaking of exercise I took a few pictures on Monday around the walking path I've been going to.  I keep saying I'm going to see how long it is around, but I forget ;-/  D gave me a pedometer just forget to put it on when I'm leaving. I probably won't go as much when the pool is ready, but I'll go back when it gets cold.  I enjoy seeing the same people everyday.  We don't know each other but it's almost like we look for each other and we smile and say an encouraging hello and glad you made it.

Friday I'll need to get it together and pack to leave for the week end.  I'm going to try my best to stay calm, relax and do what I can and not fret about what I can't.  (if my husband reads this, he will be laughing)

The WW's is going good.  The one thing that I like is I'm never hungry.  I turn into a beast when I get hungry.  If I am hungry, it's because I was just busy and forgot to stop and have something.  This week end will be a little challenging being away from home but I plan on getting lots of fruit and healthy snacks to take with me.

A note about Pinterest; my daughter mentioned several times to me that I should join.  I just didn't want to tie myself to the computer any more than I am.  It keeps me away from painting and doing other projects I'd like to accomplish.  At some point I caved and joined and I'd just like to say that it's not just the many awesome things I've discovered on there but I find encouragement there also.  It's funny how you can not even be looking for it and God puts it in your face even through a social site like pinterest.  Looking for the initial post of something I've ran across other blogs that I started following that have inspirational things to read and even encouraging quotes for just about anything.

 While I'm on subject of my daughter she deserves a big shout out for cleaning my teeth for me last Friday.  She is a hygienist, one I'm very proud of.  She was a little rough on me because I'm her mother and not just "another patient" but it was great to have my teeth nice and clean again.  I was spoiled after being in the field for 13 years, never had to worry about that, then suddenly I was past due and sighing about paying to have my teeth cleaned.  Thanks again B :-)





No comments: