Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Sunday blues

So here is how I start every morning to get moving and of course the stimulator.  This week has been particular challenging.  When you deal with chronic pain and add emotional pain it's not good.  If you take a look at my week of exercise you would question my reasonings for say such.  I'm a little concerned about weigh in tomorrow morning.  I've had plenty exercise, but have not eaten as well as first two weeks.  


I pushed myself to walk more and harder this week because of the emotional stress I'm under because I know exercise can help that.  It's a double edge sword though because the added exercise has my back in a huge flare up.  My emotional side has had me comfort eating and I hope it doesn't show on the scale.  I'll be so disappointed.  I have only myself to blame.  I'm hoping that the added exercise balances out the added eating.  I'm in my points range, I didn't go over.  I still have 5 left for dinner, 22 weekly remaining ( your bonus) and 9 activity points unused.  This sounds good to all you readers who understands WW's but compared to two weeks, it's not.  Even though I ate low point foods, I didn't eat the veggies I need and my protein was low.  We'll see what tomorrow shows.


I'm in bed blogging while my husband is outside grilling.  He's been hard at work since Friday getting things ready for the pool to be installed tomorrow. ( I won't be here and that's probably a good thing)  Plants had to dug up and temporarily put in pots until the deck is up and we see where we want then.  He ran the electric line from the shed to have that all ready.  Lowe's delivered the decking materials Friday and there they sat in our front yard when I came home.  Of course I was wondering how in the world will he get that to back yard?  Hours of hard work, breaks in between and over a course of several days he carried it all to the back.  Piece by piece, thats how.  It already looks a disaster back there.  Everything out of place.  


Yesterday I had to give in to lying down for an hour two.  Combination of a lot of things,  but another was the pressure from the threat of rain.  None came, but it was dark and lightening and Dallas and I both can tell you when that is near.  Before you can see or hear it coming.
I've decided I must have a better week of eating because I need to rely on my new depression medication to help me with increased serotonin levels this week and cut down a bit on the exercise.  Maybe three days then I'll try increasing again after that.  My back is definitely letting me know I'm doing to much.  Here's a look at my week of walking.


July 18th-29th


The first day you notice I only walked 0.56 miles.  I was so excited to try out this app my daughter told me about.  I got started and was on the back side of the loop and it started to drizzle and I was praying I could get around to beginning before any hard rain came down.  No such luck.  The drizzle quickly turned into a very hard pour and the others had started running to the pavilion and I, for the first time since surgery, decide I better at least try to jog to the pavilion.  I didn't want my i phone getting wet.  I had placed it under my shirt.  (I've since bought an armband but was walking with it in my hand at the time) No can do though. I felt every little bone, muscle and nerve as I started to jog.  It felt like my incisions were going to burst open.  Nope, your going to get drenched.  I did the fastest walk I could to get over there.  I'm sure the others were wondering what my problem was.  It went on for 20 minutes.  No letting up at all. The wind was blowing so hard that even the people that were dry before were soaked like me.  You couldn't find a place to stand under the pavilion that you weren't getting drenched. 


By the time it let up I was still worried about my phone and a nice lady I'd been talking to jogged to her car and got her umbrella and came back and walked me to mine. (I had told her why I couldn't run in from the rain)  ANyway, all this info to tell you why it was 0.56 miles on day one. Didn't want you thinking I improved that much in one day to the next.  Ha ha.


Notice on July 28th I had a personal best.  Want to know why?  I called my mom to talk to her while I was walking.  The run keeper app updates you however often you set it to and even when your listening to music you can here her update your status.  It says time walking, distance and pace.  For some reason I couldn't hear this while I was on the phone.  It was faint, and I'd definitely lost count in laps.  Shame on me for being so far behind in catching up to my mom. When I was starting to hurt so bad I was having trouble talking and walking I decided to stop having no idea how far I'd gone.  We continued to talk through my leg stretches and after I was home.  Only when I was off the phone and looked at the app did I know how long I had walked.  I was feeling it though.  I didn't really think I could overdue walking.  They want me to walk.  But I did.  I know it because I'm back there again today :-(
Having to rest in bed for a short time to finish the day.



Pretty cool, works by GPS, this is walking path 

This is my neighborhood. The green dot is my house where I started.
Thanks again B.  You made something painful, but a must do, a little more fun and challenging.  Her and I are street buddies and she can see what I've accomplished and I can see her runs and paths.  It's great for if you have a long distance companion and want to encourage each other this way.

And last but not least, below is my latest attempt at a pinterest idea.  I've been wanting to do a Family Rules for some time now and had my eye on one I pinned on "wall art" awhile back.  Then I came across something similar to this one.  A bit different that first idea.  The "real one" is also on my "wall art" board  if you want to take a look at how the professional one looks.  It was done through tears, notice the crooked lines. I painted over and tried again, but was still crying so what can I say.  It has feeling and will hold memories.  My husband appreciates my work and that counts for a lot.  <3.  I also painted several other things this weekend.  My therapy, a weekend of much needed therapy, hence why so much was accomplished. 



God Bess, and sending good thoughts for everyone suffering from any kind of pain.  Physical or mental to have a peaceful week. 






No comments: