Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Thursday, June 28, 2012

6 weeks today

I can't believe 6 weeks have crawled by already.  I'm feeling like I'm back at week 2 today.  Starting the exercise is kicking my butt literality.  Recumbent bike, 30 minute walk, a day of rest and today an hour in the pool.  I felt great in the pool but then it came time to get out.  I'm praying all this break through pain I'm experiencing is just my body screaming back at me because its been life less for sometime now.  It's very unhappy with the new movements going on.  I told my daughter if I could just live in the pool, life would be grand.  It almost disappears when I emerge myself in the water.  I think tomorrow will have to be another off day because here it is almost 1am and the pain isn't letting up, so sleep seems out of the question.  


If your reading this and you suffer from chronic pain for any reason I came across an excellent blog today.  I'm sure he'd be thrilled that I share his site through mine.  After all, we're all here for one another. I only read 3 post but they were so encouraging and well written that I must share.  I'll take all the encouragement I can get.
Peter Waite at HealingWell Blog - 


More painting today.  Reading blogs and I spent the afternoon with a handsome, not quite 3 yet, happy little boy.  He had a good time with Nonna in the pool.  He had a "house" built in his living room.  A blanket held up with some chairs.  A pillow and blanket inside.  Everything dear to an almost 3 year old.  P wanted Nonna to come in his house.  That is what breaks my heart, simple little things like that, getting down on the ground to make my grandson happy. 
He like Nonna's cookie though.  Maybe that made up for it though.  Thank goodness we had so much fun in the pool that he forgot Nonna couldn't make it into "his house".  He even helped me exercise my holding onto my foot while I back stroked around the pool.  (work those arm muscles)  They survived.  But my back muscles are really p____d off right now.  I have to believe it's a good hurt.  I hate that term, its so silly sounding.  What's good about hurting?


As instructed by my therapist,  I'm following her homework of having a friend over each week. Tomorrow my dear friend is coming who hasn't even seen my home yet. (we moved in Oct 11)  She's been asking to come but I've been fighting the blues and liking being safe here alone not having to talk about anything that I'm unhappy about right now.  That has to end.  It's time to get back out there and open my self up to trying to keep on managing day to day life with this nasty pain.  


It's been 6 weeks, but what I really can't wait for is 6 months.  Thats the time span that's supposed to really make a difference.  I put in a request to Mr. R for us to meet next Tuesday.  I didn't hear back yet, but know I will.  I'm down to one program working so I need some fine tuning.  Time to shut this lap top down and at least try to go to sleep.  Such an important part of caring for out bodies.  





No comments: