Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, June 4, 2012

On a roll

Have I mentioned that I've become pretty good at picking up things with my toes?  I have one of those grabber gadgets but its never close by when I need it.  I first started when it just hurt to bad to bend forward or my thighs were to sore to cooperate.  So on this journey of healing I picked up scissors, garden shovel, food from the floor, a pencil, dish rag, my brush and my car keys.  These are the only things that come right to mind but I know there are more.  I had to get good at this because it gets old calling D for every little thing I need.  If I can avoid it, I do.  He is involved in so many things right now.  He has been so patient considering that we've been down this road before.


I'm still feeling pretty good.  We went out this morning to CC's, Lowe's and Sam's.  About two hours and a lot of walking.  I wore my brace even thought I felt like I looked absolutely ridiculous.   It makes a big difference.  I don't feel the battery site as much when I'm walking.  As far as leaning back in the seat, that's pretty tender but for the most part I'm pretty comfortable.  I did start to feel really tired this afternoon but I didn't let it worry me like last week end.  Of course it was on a lesser scale also.


So last night when I went to bed my legs were hurting so I decided to leave my stimulator on for a while to see if it would help them relax.  I feel asleep with it on then woke up during the night later and realized it was still on.  Of course I was to lazy to get up and get the remote or the magnet so I let her run.  Could just be a fluke but I think it helped me sleep.  People who have know me very long knows it has been an issue of mine since being a teenager.  Falling asleep, then staying asleep.  A pin drop wakes me up.  Right now I'm really messed up because I've been staying up late and sleeping in.  If the doc says on Wednesday that I can start walking I'll be getting up with the working folk and walking a daybreak before my husband leaves for work.  Call me paranoid but I'd like for him to know I returned home safely before he is gone for work. I did the same thing after my back surgery in 09.  It was nice because the sun was up early so I could walk with sunlight instead of darkness. 


After things cooled down this evening I repotted my "gift plant", the gardenia.  I pray it makes it.  I've read plenty on the internet regarding care for gardenias.  They are really sensitive to sun, water and heat.  I must have read on 20 sites getting tips and advise.  One stated they could only be grown outdoors in region 8-11.  So I learned something new today.  Louisiana is in region in 8 so that's a plus!  I didn't want to much trauma at once so I put in bigger pot to start and as it grows and stays healthy (fingers crossed) we will move to bed in ground.   Left on the patio for a week or two where it only gets a little bit of morning sun and see how it tolerates that then eventually I'd like it out in the rocks by the fence.  Baby step, baby steps.  


I'm so glad I have things to look forward to this week.  You'll never hear me say I'm excited about going to the doctor.  Quite honestly I'm usually complaining about it.  Only because I've spent so many hours over the last 5 years sitting in so many different offices.  But this week is to find out progress and some releases for a few things I can try so I'm pumped about it.  R will be there also to set up some new programs for me.  Secondly I will have my first visitors Tuesday evening.  Baby C, Mom and Dad are coming by Tuesday evening for a visit.  I can't wait to see her.  Hope she hasn't forgot me.  I really got attached to her during the last few months.  It's so amazing to watch babies grow into toddlers.  


I'm still in awe that I went through with this operation.  I had my doubts but felt left with no other option.  So far so good so I pray it continues.  It amazes me that our bodies do not reject such things being put inside them.  I thought for the longest time with all those months of misery after surgery that my body was rejecting the cage around my spine where the fusion is.  What could be done about that?   Not a darn thing.  I saw someone about that, I'll die with it.  Its not removable.  So of course in the back of my mind before surgery I was concerned that I could have those types of complications.  So far so good though.  Hate to boast to much.  It's still early, but I'm voting successful at this point. 


D cut grass this evening and when he was tiding up the bed under windows and he came across an egg.  He thought that someone put it there as a joke then realized after he touched it that it could possible be a baby duck egg.  There are ducks and geese around the neighborhood.  Across the street those home have a pond that runs the length of the street.  Every morning and every evening you hear them flying over on their way to and from the pond.  Every now and then we see some baby ducks or Momma or Daddy Ducks around.  It really bothered him that he may have caused a problem for Momma bird if she can smell his scent on the egg.  We'll just have to see what tomorrow brings.


Better turn in.  Have a craft project I want to work on tomorrow.   It's another midnight night.  I've got to stop doing this.  


1. The egg
2. The egg again
3. The Gardenia repotted.

No comments: