Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Happy Monday

This week end was a good test of seeing how much activity I can tolerate since stopping my pain medication.  On Friday I went out to run a few errands.  First the fruit stand.  I love having fresh fruit around the house and knowing my granddaughter would be here made it even more important to have some around.  She loves her fruit too!  A swing through the bank then to Wal Mart.  Half way through my shop I was texting D to say I wasn't sure I'd should be doing this on my own yet.  Since surgery I've been to Wal Mart 3 times but he took me and of course pushed the cart.  When my cart started to get full I noticed it was difficult to push.  Even though I've always experienced it in past there was no need to worry because I knew I wasn't hurting anything.  But on this trip it made me a little nervous.  I skipped the bottled water I wanted.


During the unloading of the car I definitely knew I had probably over did it a little.  I had plans to bake over the week end so sugar was on my list.  Most of the time I complain that the cashiers waste bags by only putting one thing in a bag so I think it is so wasteful.  My lucky day I get a cashier who put everything she can in one bag, how can I complain?  As I grab the overloaded bags I grab the one with the 5 pound of sugar along with milk in it.  I'm supposed to avoid over 5 pounds so when I picked up that bag it reminded me of this recovery rule. (mainly because I felt it back there) None the less I made it home unload one bag at a time and I was even careful by taking the sugar out of bag by itself to be on the safe side.  A short rest and I was good to go again.


I really used my grabber a lot this week end having company around.  It's hard to explain to a two year old, sorry baby I can't pick this up can you?  Her dad's not the neatest person so I wanted to keep things under control so when they went home on Sunday I wouldn't be picking up for an hour as I've done in the past.  I bring up the grabber because I've been making notes of things that has really been helpful to me if you have surgery.   Not necessarily this type of surgery.  Any that you can't bend over or lift.  So later on I'll have a post of helpful aids for post surgery recovery.


Saturday I cooked jambalaya.  I had cut up all my veggies on Friday and was so happy I thought of doing so because by the time I was done I was ready to kick my feet up for short time.  My hives appeared.  I did experience a mid level of pain and there was some stress involved so I couldn't answer the war between my allergist and therapist on which is the cause.  And I'm sure your wondering, yes I had my stimulator on.  Matter of fact it has not been turned off since Friday morning.  I slept with it on for the last three nights.  It seems to help me relax a little.  Out of curiosity I check my battery level this morning to see where I was.  Last charged on Tuesday night the 12th.  Here is what I've used that's pretty good.
Don't think your crazy if you ready something and now you don't see it.  For some reason when I looked up something on the blog on my phone I noticed that every thing underneath the picture of remote screen was gone.  Ha, not even sure what I wrote about.  Couldn't have been to important.

I know I mentioned baking a cake for my son, his request for choice of baking. My husband wanted to try out the Nutella cookies I discovered on Pinterest.  They were yummy.  All in all the week end went pretty well.  It was a little stressful for me.  My blues and heavy heart will get much needed therapy this afternoon.  It was definitely a true beginning test of now well stimulator is working without pain medication.  I was really uncomfortable late in evening on Saturday and Sunday so both days I had half a pain pill and it was enough to make a huge difference.  I was really disappointed I couldn't make it without it but I really haven't been as active as I was for 3 days straight since surgery.

The stimulator is definitely very helpful and I still have healing to do before we can get some even better programs.  I have a couple favorites for when I'm on my feet but still having difficulty finding a comfortable sitting position even with stim unit on.  My husband purchased us a couple of anti gravity chairs at Sam's and they are awesome.  That chair I can sit it.  It leans back perfectly to get the pressure off of my lower back.  It has been nice in the am and late evening so I've been enjoying time sitting and listening to the birds and the water noise I love so much.  I could write an entire post on finding a comfortable place to sit over the last 6-8 years.  Sounds silly, but it's a big deal for me.

It's about time to leave for therapy.  After, D and I have an appointment for Dallas for his monthly nail trim and we're out of his flea treatment.  He has to have surgery next.  He has a tumor in his belly that has to be removed before it gets any larger.  The vet said before the end of the year, so it will be soon.

The Pond

P in Nonna's new chair!

A helping out with the watering.

No comments: