Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

My Prayer

My Lord God, I have no
idea where I am going, I do
not see the road ahead of me, I 
cannot know for certain where it
will end...Nor do I really know
myself, and the fact that I think I 
am following your will
does not mean that I am actually
doing so.  But I believe that the
desire to please you does in fact
please you, and I hope I 
have that desire in all that I am
doing...and I know that if I 
do this you will lead me by the 
right road, through I may know 
nothing about it.  Therefore, I
will trust you always, though I 
may seem to be lost and in the 
shadow of death, I will not
 fear, for you are ever with me,
and you will never leave me to
face my perils alone.

~Thomas Merton
Thoughts in Solitude 

No comments: