Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Hives...Hives...please go away!

Why must I deal with these round welts on my body also known as urticaria?  They itch terribly and the swelling is painful.  They started out mild on the week end and continued to get worse.  By the time I went to bed last night they were as bad as the ones after surgery. ( The hives are nothing new, they've been around since '09, long enough) The back side of my thighs, on my hips and around to my behind.  So yes, there was no way to get comfortable when I did try and go to bed. My regime of treatment for them had not changed so I it boggles my mind when they make their nasty appearance.  I sprayed with some Benadryl even though they recommend not to if you've taken by mouth but desperation causes these careless acts.  I tossed and turned for hours.  If only I could get on my stomach, NOT!  I've just got to where I'm mildly comfortable on my back. The battery area is getting less and less sore to lay on.  I think these hives were worse being they cover a larger area.  No laying on back nor on side, they were everywhere and plenty of them.  UGH...I'm done on this rant.  I would LOVE an answer though.  Someone out there please give me some information.  I've seen everyone, read everything and take every thing. I pretty much have to live with them just like the nasty demon in the back. :-(

I realized my stimulator has been running non stop since last week when Lovely worked out some new programs with me.  Last time I went 6 days and it was 25 minutes.  Last charge was on Tuesday night so it had been 6 nights again.  It took me 45 minutes to recharge this time.  I wasn't prepared for that.  I think if I keep using at this pace I will not wait a complete week.  Not a big deal, I can make it 4 or 5 weeks but there is no way I'd want to sit that long to charge. 45 was not so pleasant. I'd rather have to sit less time more often than longer time less often.  Know what I mean?  Sure wish it helped with the hives also.

I didn't do much today.  I had to stay in my night gown due to the hives I couldn't stand anything touching them.  Undergarments was not an option.  If I had to have this flare up better today than tomorrow.  I was lucky I could stay comfortable.  I've been wearing a lot of loose clothing since surgery because of the incisions but my wardrobe over the past years have been dresses and skirts mostly because anything tight fitting just exacerbates them. 


Trying to keep my mind busy I started a new project today.  I really wanted to try another cookie/dessert from pinterest but until I get my rump into gear exercising again I better not do another to soon.  I'm just getting started and I think I messed up already.  Oh well, I'll finish and learn from it and start on a new one.  Only have time on my hand right now.  I can't wait to be able to give my house a good cleaning.  D is doing the best he can with inside and outside.  


Supposed to have a visit from a friend tomorrow.  I've shut myself up long enough.  I don't have a real reason to turn them away and have been wondering why I keep doing it.  A wise woman I'm blessed to know said we get used to being isolated and it takes a bit to jar us out of it and the way out is to allow our friends to visit and lend support. I really needed to hear this and please forgive me if I have offended anyone. It's not personal.  Just down right fear of talking about things I don't want to talk about.  I guess I want to be like the person on TV who gets the make over and walks into the room while their family waits to see the "new them" and I'm still me.  Not much change yet. Baby steps. Baby steps.


I hope to get some sleep tonight.  I feel like I just typed that sentence recently.  Peace to all who are suffering, lonely and in pain.  
GNA

No comments: