Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Back up the hill

I'm happy to say today was a great day!  One 30 minute rest all day.  Not that I did anything of significance but no bed rest today and I was happy about that.  I did mid afternoon stop and lay on the couch for 30 minutes.  After 3-4 days of feeling like I was going downhill it was best day since surgery.  Maybe even in months before surgery!


I'd tired of watching the husband work in the back yard without me.  Even the few times I've felt up to it I wasn't sure it was a good idea to get sweaty until I have my incisions checked on Wednesday.  I'm really hopeful that he will tell me I can start walking.   


Text R today to see if he could make it to my appointment on Wednesday.  He can yeah!  He's awesome.  Always gets back with me pretty quick.    All of my programs have changed.  I guess because they are moving around durning healing so that makes a difference in stimulation and where I feel it.  I've known all along that we may have to meet multiple times before I get to the right program that will be the ones for long term.  


Did a little painting and completed a sample project.  I spent an hour outside with D this morning and an hour late in the evening .  I finally got to work on my Kalanchoe's.  They really needed to have tops cut and thinned out. Amazing I started with a clipping from a friend years ago and now I have three pots and have shared with multiple friends and neighbors who started their own collection.  When I spent time out this evening getting the plants watered with some miracle grow.


We took a ride to Fresh Pickens to stock up on some fruit.  I was totally out.  I haven't been there in a while.  I've been getting whatever D would grab at store for me or me getting myself at store.  They just don't have the same selection like at Fresh Pickens.  So as you can see I had a full day.  Yard work, a load of clothes, crafting and one outing.  Just the right amount I could feel the tiredness after my bath.  We watched a movie and after sitting just a short time I became sir crazy.  I'm just not able to sit very comfortable just yet.  I turned stimulator on for awhile and it helped me make it through the movie.


Tomorrow I need to try charging the battery for the first time.  I'll let you know how that goes.


Enjoy a day of rest tomorrow
Theresa

No comments: