Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Monday, May 21, 2012

5 days later

Yesterday was a better day, the best I'd say.  I was moving around pretty good.  The hives seemed to be under control and I could actually sleep in more than one position in bed.


SO WHAT HAPPENED?  Backslide today.  The battery area is all of a sudden really sore again.  The last few days I didn't even know it was there unless I bumped it or was in bed and tried to roll over in bed.  Today when I woke up the hives were back this time on the back of my thighs.  Lots of them.  My stitches are itching under my bandages.  When I walk I can feel the soreness of battery in my buttock and I've been nauseas all day.  


I can't wait to see the doctor on Wednesday. 2 reasons,  I'm so hopeful he will take off the bandages.  Why is that so important?  Because I can shower if he does.  No baths, but a shower.  No bath, but a shower is better than a sponge bath for sure. 2nd Just to get out of the house for a short time.  The bright side of today was D washing my hair 4 me.  That made be feel a teeny bit better.  I'm also hoping he'll say I can quit wearing this belt.  I think it may be causing a lot of the additional hives.  


My neighbor made dinner for D and I yesterday.  It was pork roast with corn and black eye peas and yummy brownies for dessert.   It was so kind of her.  


I used my stimulator twice today.  Also touched base with R (St. Jude Rep) to see if he was going to be at my appointment on Wednesday so he could do some fine tuning for me.  People have asked, "is it helping yet"? "Can you tell if its going to work"?  The answer is no, I can't and no I don't know.  I won't until the biggest part of the healing is done.  The stimulator will not help with the surgery areas.  It's strictly for the pain in my back which I've had very little of while being on such light duty around here.  I'm sure in the next couple of weeks as I begin to be more active, doing things that normally cause my back pain I'll be able to tell.  


So long HOUSE , you'll be missed.  I didn't watch the first two seasons maybe I can do that while I'm home for a while.  

No comments: