Chronic Pain

A 51 year old female living and dealing with lumbar back pain and fibromyalgia. Sharing things I do for relief, reduce stress and control weight gain.

Saturday, May 19, 2012

No changes

Not much news today.  The hives are still kicking my butt, literally.  I don't know if I mentioned previously but I have to wear this soft belt that starts at my breast and down past my waist line.  Any pressure on my body causes a out break of the hives.  They are still all over my arms but this morning they were all around my waist line and around bandages.  I sure hope this doesn't continue until I see the doctor Wednesday.  I can't take any thing more than what I'm dealing with.  The swelling in my lip and cheek finally went down around noon.  Trying something different tonight by wrapping the belt around my night gown instead of under to see if it makes a difference. 


It's only been 4 days but it feels like weeks.  When I'm feeling better and can sit up for longer periods at a time I have a list to start on.  I want to do some painting.  A book I'm looking forward to reading and some internet shopping for a medical id bracelet.  St. Jude gives you a card but to keep on you but when I'm traveling in a car I'd like to have the bracelet because I think it would be more noticeable.  I looked a little before surgery but I need to search some more bc they were really expensive.  What's the card for?  It states I have an implant and I cannot receive an MRI and if at an airport I would want to show to security so I can skip the scanners.  It can cause an increase in stimulation or mess it up completely.  


Didn't make it outside today.  I wasn't any worse but no improvement.  Not bothered by that.  All in all if the hives weren't showing their mean selves I'd be doing well.  From what I read in my book it my incision sites look good Wednesday I will have bandages off with some steri strips and I think I can shower again.  I sure hope so!  I will also slowly begin to start walking for exercise using my stimulator to reduce pain in doing so.  The bending and twisting rule remains for 4-6 weeks. My doctor will make that decision.  


My husband has been great.  He always has to help me with things I can't do on a daily basis already so I guess he don't feel its a lot different.  Well, maybe a little.  We watched a movie tonight.  I bought a Zoo.  It was ok, little boring to me but I'm happy I saw it.  Can't wait to see the season finale of Apprentice and Sister Wives tomorrow night.  D and I have watched all the Jesse Stone series together also and a new one airs tomorrow night.  Thank goodness for DVR. 
Everyone have a relaxing Sunday with your family.

No comments: